San Juan Islands

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

San Juan Islands

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 am

A few years ago my wife and I took a two week vacation at Roche Harbor in the San Juan Islands. I recently was going thru some of my old photos and decided I like to create this video to show some of our friends what a great place it is for a laid back, relaxing vacation. The photos I have are old films that I scanned in so their quality is not all that great.
I also like to include maps showing where we are and how we got there.

Enjoy and comment on them if you wish.

This video does not contain any info that would be considered objectionable.

https://vimeo.com/175296955

Cliff
Canon 60D, Photoshop CS5, ProShow Producer 7

Re: San Juan Islands

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Very nice ! Welcome to my corner of the world (I live just east of Seattle in Kirkland). My wife has worked for Kenmore Air (the seaplanes you flew on) for over 40 years in the main office up in Kenmore (north end of Lake Washington). You flew in/out of the Lake Union terminal at the southwest corner of Lake Union. Too bad you missed the drive down the west side of San Juan Island - it is very different from the East side, nice kelp beds, good currents past there and often the orca whales will go right down along the kelp beds. We used to boat around up there all the time - know the area quite well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:30 am

Thanks for the comment.
I did enjoy this area and we did take a drive down the west side, unfortunately I didn't get any usable photos, except maybe the lighthouse.
That was my first experience riding in a float plane. You can really see the area.
And yes Kenmore Air did a fantastic job of getting us to and from Roche Harbor.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:29 pm

Glad to hear Kenmore Air took good care of you! Nice that you were able to see the west side of San Juan Island - we used to scuba dive along there in various places.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby judyfirth » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:12 pm

Hi Cliff
I thoroughly enjoyed your slideshow. Thanks for sharing. I especially loved the map and transition. Could you tell me what transition effect you used in your show where the slide appears to turn the page still showing the picture ? I think it's great.
Judy

Esteemed Member

Postby JBD » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:00 am

Excellant!!!! :D

Esteemed Member

Postby Cliff.Thomas » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:22 pm

judyfirth wrote:Hi Cliff
I thoroughly enjoyed your slideshow. Thanks for sharing. I especially loved the map and transition. Could you tell me what transition effect you used in your show where the slide appears to turn the page still showing the picture ? I think it's great.
Judy

Judy,

For the transitions I used the standard transitions in ProShow Producer. I think you may be referring to the ones called "Facet Push Left", "Facet Push Right", "Facet Push Up" and "Facet Push Down".

I haven't used these much before, but they seemed to work for this type of video. I generally stay away from a lot of different transitions in a show because they tend to distract from the photos so I try to limit the number of different transitions. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The maps are clipped off of Google Maps using the Clipping Tool in Windows 7.

Thanks for your comments.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 am

Hi Cliff

I really enjoyed the show. When i clicked your link I was expecting an island with Palm Trees and sandy beaches, I was surprised where it was located.

regards

Steve

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback