One day on Earth, from Space, in 5 minutes.

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
ProShow Hall of Fame

One day on Earth, from Space, in 5 minutes.

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:25 pm

I put together this slide show of the earth that shows a 24 hour period (September 08, 2015), compressed to about 4 minutes 30 seconds. I then did a second pass of the same 24 hour period in less than 30 seconds so that you could see that there is cloud movement, which is a little difficult to see in the longer version. I had always wanted to try this myself so I downloaded the 144 hi res(11,000 x 11,000) photos of the earth for the date of September 08, 2016 from the Himawari 8 satellite website. I then put them sequentially in order from 0:00 hours, to 23.50 hours to create the movement. Man they took awhile to download. The music I used is from the music library in Producer.

The 144 images are taken 10 minutes apart, every day, from a geostationary satellite 22,200 miles up in space above Papua New Guinea. Geostationary means that the satellite is positioned in an orbit above one spot on the earth, and only takes photos of one side of the earth as the earth spins. This is done in order to track storms and cyclones in the pacific by the Japanese, and others on that side of the earth. I suggest you view the larger 1080p version full screen if you can, and forget viewing on your mobile device. Too small a screen to appreciate the detail. The best detail is to go to Utube here at this link, https://youtu.be/oywMdwUJwDQ and set the resolution to 1080p, and watch FULL SCREEN. The embedded version full screen only plays at 720p.

Last edited by hardsoftware on Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:49 am, edited 12 times in total.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Esteemed Member

Re: One day on Earth, from Space, in 5 minutes.

Postby Marie78 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello

Very interesting idea and shows. Good idea too to give the 2 versions.

I thank you very much.

Are there other satellite as this one where you can get photos ? I was not aware of this possibility.
Chris Marie

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: One day on Earth, from Space, in 5 minutes.

Postby hardsoftware » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:06 pm

As for other satellites offering downloads to the public, I do not know. The Himawari is a Japanese satellite. They use the images to monitor weather on that side of the earth.
PSG, & Producer 3,4 and 5. Photo Editing: PS Elements 2.0 & 5.0, Premier Elements 3.0,

PHOTODEX GALLERY: http://www.photodex.com/share/hardsoftware
UnEmployed, and getting pretty good at it!
Facebook look for Ben R. Baca.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback