Close to Home

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Close to Home

Postby smunited » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi everyone, it seems like forever since I posted a show. Of course I just finished a show last night and woke up to an email saying there was a new version. I may, or may not, go back and try again with the new version, but until then would love your feedback. The show is a bit longer than 4 minutes, and doesn't contain anything offense... I live in a beautiful part of the world, the Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada, and am 20 minutes away from a fabulous heron rookery, 20 minutes away from beautiful landscape photography on the mighty Fraser River, and 20 minutes to an hour away from incredible waterfalls. Hop on the freeway and I am in downtown Vancouver in an hour or so. I want to share with you some of my favorite photographs taken, "Close to Home".

I have revised my show, tightening up some sound issues and the ending...

http://www.photodex.com/share/SFiedler/d977wmg4

I have posted a version to Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/187465980
Last edited by smunited on Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Close to Home

Postby Mokummer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:00 pm

Sandra.

You're a very lucky lady to live so close to these fantastic photographic areas. :D
It's always a pleasure to see the results from your craftsmanship!
What else can one say!

Greetings.

Bill

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:51 pm

I am indeed Bill.... thanks so much for watching, and your lovely comments. We all want to go on holidays to far off places (me too!), but we forget the amazing places that are in our own backyards! I could never leave my province and still not see everything there is too see and photograph here... Sandra

Postby weldr » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:19 am

Another excellent show Sandra! I live a bit south from you, another scenic wonder. We get a lot of weather from the Fraser Valley. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 am

Hello Don, nice to hear from you! Haven't made it down your way in a while, hopefully soon. Yes you also could never stray far from home and have, many, many, many excellent photographic possibilities! Take care, Sandra

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:56 am

Hi Sandra,
I enjoyed watching your video. I liked its dreamlike quality with at times a touch of the surreal,
& also the way the scenes blended into each other smoothly thanks to the well-chosen &
well-timed transitions, creating that evanescent effect.

I also liked the photos of the highrise buildings & the nearby branches that you have mid-way
through the slideshow. I was a bit disappointed, though, for I was expecting to see a couple of
those familiar city-dwellers -- crows & pigeons -- put in an appearance across the screen . . .

I watched Water as well, which I also liked. But of the two, Close to Home is my favorite.
-aida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and watch my show Aida. I am sorry there wasn't any pigeons or crows, next time, lol! Sandra

Postby Glyn » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:14 am

When I judge my own photographs the criteria is would I print it and occasionally there’s a yep but wow! I don’t think there’s an image in either of your shows I wouldn’t print, well done and thanks for sharing

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:24 am

Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words Glyn. This show means alot to me. And yes, most of these images are the ones that I have printed and they hang on the walls of my home, to remind me how lucky I am to live in such and incredible part of the world. I wasn't sure if the show would be too disjointed as the subject material is so varied. I really just wanted to share my favorite images and memories from the last year. Sandra

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:03 pm

This is for you Steve. Uploaded to Vimeo. https://vimeo.com/187465980?utm_source= ... aign=28749

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:02 am

How very tasteful. Filters were skillfully applied and the music was spot on.
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Thank you so very much for taking the time to watch and for your kind words pd. Much appreciated! Wish me luck, it is before a jury of three tonight. We will see what the judges think! Sandra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:19 am

Sandra, I am sure you will be alright. Everything fits and it is coherent.
Let us know how it goes.
regards.
pd
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby thoutmosis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:47 am

it is simply BEAUTIFUL. and the music is well chosen, well done

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:18 am

Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment pd. Well, my show didn't do so well. I belong to a photo club that does a yearly juried competition of slideshows. 20 shows are juried by three judges and the top 20 are shown latter at a theatre on a big screen. Both my shows did make it into the final 20 but my scores were the lowest I have ever received. You don't get to give an introduction to your shows, and "Close to Home" may seem disjointed if you didn't understand that all the photo's were taken within 100km of my home. They had one judge not show up so only had two judges. Not sure what happened, but if the were CAPA, (trained in strict photo rules) then they wouldn't like my photography style at all. Oh well, I like my shows... and that's all that should matter. On to the next project! Sandra

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback