Close to Home

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: Close to Home

Postby Mokummer » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:10 pm

Sandra.

I can understand your disappointment after putting so much effort into your show.
We all have different tastes and likes about photography, particularly when they are shown in continuation as in slide shows. Judges, (the good ones!) are highly trained in all aspects of photography and look differently at a photo than most of us do. I've been at a judges sitting and listening to their comments while doing so and often wondered why they came to their conclusions; not always how I felt about it.
You have an unique style of photography and presentation you can be proud of. We all feel things differently, so be it. Keep showing us how you feel about nature and the world.

Greetings, Bill

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment Bill. The encouragement is much appreciated! The judges watch upwards to thirty shows (all 4 minutes) one after the other. I am sure there brains start to turn to feel like mush after a while. I know that not all people are going to like my style, and I am okay with that. That is what makes art, art! I do love to make shows, I love the combination of photography and music, so I am sure once my ego heals I will be back at it... Sandra

Postby weldr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 am

Your shows are winners here Sandra.
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:09 am

Never mind. Those in the know like it,

This could be due to several reasons;
Did the organizers give clear written instructions of what they want, their expectations and what guidelines to follow. If this is free for all, you can expect anything. Often judges fail to capture the spirit especially if they have a mindset.
pd
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks pd and weldr for your encouraging words. pd in reference to your comments regarding judging. They are given a score sheet that outlines music, photography and presentation area's. I usually do well with two of the three judges, and poorly with one. This year there only being one judge was to my disadvantage I think. Both my shows made it into the big presentation so really I did fine. There were over ten shows that didn't even make it. The committee has made the decision to have four judges next year so that if one judge doesn't show up they will still have three judges. Sandra

Esteemed Member

Postby thoutmosis » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:16 am

Hello,
can you give us the link of the photography club and slide competitions in the USA? thank you

if you're interested, we have a competition slideshows in France.
visit the website http://www.lacoupelumiere.com

we can see montages in the 2016 festival, in the list of montages and authors. http://lacoupelumiere2.1cd1.com/index.p ... tival-2016

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Hi thoutmosis, thanks so much for the information. The competition is for photo club members. It is called "Photomotion". It is not open at this time to outside members. If it ever is I will for sure let you know! Also it is in Port Moody, BC, Canada. Sandra

Esteemed Member

Postby thoutmosis » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:46 am

thank you for that.
or should I put my information on "La Coupe Lumière" ( http://www.lacoupelumiere.com ) in the forum Proshow Enthusiast interest for USA and Canada slideshows authors to participate?
thank you

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback