Bloomin Battlefields

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Bloomin Battlefields

Postby trailertrash » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:10 am

I recently spent a few weeks touring the Salient of Ypres [ Leper ] in Belgium. I visited over 50 War Grave and Monument/Memorial sites and was struck by the quality of the maintainance of the cemeteries. It appeared as though the flowers themselves, were growing in such a way as to hug or caress the headstones. I know this is largely due to the planting but it was a thought that gave me great comfort. King George V ordered that every headstone should have an ' English Rose ' however that seems to have been diluted to a ratio of 1:3 the gardeners told me. I was lucky to visit during the Blooming period of the Roses and the sight was heartwarming for an old soldier. I created this presentation as a thank you to the Gardeners. The original Gardeners were men of the British Army who chose to remain behind to tend the graves of their comrades and the fallen. Many of them now rest in Ypres Town Cemetery Extension, known as the ' Gardeners ' Cemetery. I hope you see something you like and my deepest gratitude for taking the time to read this.

Andrew.

Esteemed Member

Re: Bloomin Battlefields

Postby JBD » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:12 am

Beautiful. Well done.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Bloomin Battlefields

Postby seektheburd » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing.

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback