Orchids - International exhibition

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Orchids - International exhibition

Postby Marie78 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi

For those who love those flowers, a show made with the photo taken during the international Orchid exhibition in Vaucelles (North of France)

Non optimum shooting condition with no much ligth and crowdy room, but the flowers worth it...

For your information : among the flowers were the statues of Jean and Sebastien Touret, who made the altar of Notre Dame de Paris.

Duration 5'20

Nothing objectionable

https://vimeo.com/imaginline/orchid2
Chris Marie

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Orchids - International exhibition

Postby pd » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:58 pm

You do not have to be into flowers or orchids to like this show.
I liked how the show was introduced with the atmospheric music playing for a couple of seconds before the intro picture showed up. From your briefing of this show, I expected a lot of pictures to be noisy, underexposed and heads bobbing everywhere. That was not to be. Each picture was carefully composed and exposed and treated nicely in photoshop. I liked the combination of square and portrait shots. All was tastefully done.
If there is one thing I would change is the background. I would make it darker and blurred for the following reasons. It makes the photos stand out better. The arches flares at either end make me want to look outside.
The music suited complimented the show.

pd
regards.
pd

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:21 am

Hello

Thank you pd for having taken time to look at the show and leave your comment.

I wondered what to do about the background : I will try what you suggest and perhaps change...

Have a nice day.
Chris Marie

Postby Mokummer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Marie.

I really enjoyed your orchid show and music choice . I have been on many occasions like you to orchid shows, crowded with admirers and displays with little room to get the right shot and light where I used a soft reflector flashlight.

You certainly did an excellent job under these conditions. A plus must have been that the displays where not crowded and the orchids have been given room to show their beauty! :D

What I like about your slideshow presentation is the avoidance of gimmicky effects. Certainly not needed in a show like this. The display area is also unique and gave this show an extra ambience.

Your show in one word, EXCELLENT!

Bill

Orchids are my favourite.
You may have a look at the orchid show I did while ago.
http://www.photodex.com/share/mokummer/a4mg6mg4

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:06 am

Hi

Thank you Bill for your comment.

I really appreciate to have feedback.

I can see you love orchids.

I also enjoyed your show. The intro text from Raskin is nice ans you have very nice specimen very well shooted.
I liked too your musical choice.

I also looked at your graffiti show. I did not look mouch at graffiti before I saw shows like yours and now see them with anoher eye. Proshow leads us to discover things...

Have a nice day.
Chris Marie

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback