James and Cheyenne in Alaska

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

James and Cheyenne in Alaska

Postby ptingler » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:38 pm

Our granddaughter recently spent 6 weeks in Anchorage, Alaska, on a pharmacy rotation from WVU, and this is a slide show of one of her weekends there. It happened to be her birthday and her boyfriend flew up to help her celebrate it. I couldn't find any music that really suited "Alaska," so I used "The Gate of Heaven" which is one of the music selections provided by Photodex. I want this to be something Cheyenne can keep as a special memory of her time spent in Alaska, so any suggestions as to how to make it better would be greatly appreciated. If you don't like it, please let me know why. It is 6 minutes and 24 seconds long and doesn't have anything bad in it--just a lot of scenery and two young people enjoying it. I have two other shows to make--one of all the things she and her roommates experienced and one of the weekend her dad flew up because she was having too much fun and he wanted to join in. I want both of these to also be special, so please give me some suggestions....
http://www.photodex.com/share/ptingler/269awmg4

Re: James and Cheyenne in Alaska

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:48 pm

It was nice, but I had mixed feelings about it. Hard to exactly say, but my impression was that was not the right music - I think it needed to be more dynamic and I think you had too many different transitions in there. Just my impression.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:32 am

These are my comments;
The captions are too large and static. The 'we were here' should be turned into a caption as well.
I think that a black background does not suit this show. I would change it to something closer to white.
When zooming in (T=50s), consider starting with the photo already filling the frame and a rotation of -50, then zoom in a rotate to 0.
t=1:22 the background competes with the photo. Consider blurring it.
At 2:58, the black on the left is begging for a missing picture which continues to flow to the food star.
Clone out the ceiling light at T=3:10.
Quite honestly, I initially thought that I would not continue watching it to the end but I did. Sure, it can be better but all it needs is some polish.
This is one of the rarest times where i disagree with Mikey. I liked the music and it will not age.
If you ever get to tweak this show, I would love to see it.
pd
regards.
pd

Postby heckydog » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:20 pm

I liked the show. Liked the music too. It had a certain light hearted quality that I liked. The show wasn't about Alaska as much as it was about Cheyenne and James romping through Alaska. So the music suited them more than it did the location. They were obviously having fun when they weren't being chased by grizzly bears and moose . . . . . . . . . . mooses?

Overall, maybe a few transitions could be tweaked, but only if you want to spend more time on it.

Joe

Postby ptingler » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:45 pm

I couldn't figure out how to answer each of you, so I will answer all of you at once: Thank you so much for the constructive comments. I am going to work on this some more and use the suggestions you have given--except for the one about the "you are here." I didn't like it much either, but it was already on the picture Cheyenne sent me. My Photoshop skills aren't the greatest, so I thought it better to leave it than to mess it up. lol I appreciate you all taking your time to watch it and to comment. When I repost it, I hope you will watch it and see if it is better. Thanks again for your help.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback