David and Alicia Wedding/We're In This Love Together

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

David and Alicia Wedding/We're In This Love Together

Postby DJaseck » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:34 pm

I have been dormant for a while and had an opportunity to do this show for my son-in-laws son, David and his new beautiful bride Alicia. The photographer who shot the wedding was gracious enough to let me use her files for the show....Dave

https://vimeo.com/147247646

Esteemed Member

Re: David and Alicia Wedding/We're In This Love Together

Postby JBD » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:40 am

Glad to see you woke up Dave. Looks great as always!!!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Dave,
Great work. I really enjoyed the musical selection. The only one I could not identify was the instrumental track from approx 7 minutes on. Great choice. Music can help make or break a slide show. So I am always on the lookout for good selections. There was one little item that stood out. It was a crowd shot with a little girl in the foreground. It looks like the post processing was a little to aggressive and she appears to be over sharpened or something. Because the other shots were so good, this one stood out to me. Finally, one other piece I liked is how you did a quick montage of the day at the end. A good way to wind up the overall presentation.

Regards,
-Vernon

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:01 am

Hi Vernon...thanks for the kind remarks. I think the track you are referring to is "Make a Wish" by Secret Garden. You are right about the little girl oversharpened. That is my heavy hand..I tried to open up the shadows in the back of the room and it looked ok in Photoshop, but oversharpened in the show. I think I will redo that one. In my workflow, it is the soundtrack that controls the show and the way images are used. The great divide for me and the younger generation is the music styles. I'm sort of a Sinatra guy, was a professional musician and love romantic music and light jazz and frankly do not understand most of todays music. Consequently, you never know what the reaction is going to be. I did a little show for this couple when David proposed to Alicia. I saw they had 6 photographs that would make a great little show which I ended doing for them called "When I Fall In Love" only 2 minutes long but worked pretty well IMO. Here is the link should you want to view it...Dave
https://vimeo.com/103860068

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:06 pm

Once again, beautiful work. I like the way you used the fade and color change as you moved into the main chorus. Tight integration. I understand why, but I thought the intro was a little long, but I am sure that the couple did not object. Also, I like the fact that you get a feel that you are watching from the outside, but with the zoom work you make it personal when it needs to be.

Regards,
-Vernon

P.S. Thanks for the song title. I will be sure to look it up on iTunes.

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:42 am

Good morning Vernon, yes the intro to When I Fall In Love was overly long, but having only 6 images to work with to use in the main chorus left me with no immediate alternative but to let the caption changes eat up the intro time with an expanding image. Perhaps if I spent more time considering some alternatives I could have come up with a different approach. In any event, I absolutely love working with PSP, one of my favorite programs. Having been in music and photography most of my adult life, it is a medium that lets me express myself and use all the modalities...Dave

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:05 am

Vernon...one other thing I did not mention. The reason I gave so much space to the 2 priests is that they are the uncles of the bride and very important to the family. Some of my background, in my early life worked as a audio visual consultant with multiple projectors, Weiss registered slide mounts, slide duping, dissolve equipment, reel to reel multi track recorders, etc., if only I had what I have now then in my laptop and software, a different world. Most do not appreciate the advanced technology of today....Dave

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback