White Pass Railway in Skagway, Alaska

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

White Pass Railway in Skagway, Alaska

Postby ptingler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:10 pm

We took a trip to Alaska, and I had so many pictures, I decided to make a short slide show for each place we stopped instead of making one long one. This slide show is one I made of our ride on the White Pass Railway. It was May so there was still a lot of snow on the ground and not much color in the scenery. After I went back and looked at it, I thought it might have too much scenery, but I was trying to show what a terrible trail the miners had to go over in 1898 in the middle of winter with only horses to carry them over the mountain. Other than a few spots of interest and the other trains making the same trip, there wasn't a lot to see. I have looked at it so much, I just wondered how other people see it--especially someone who might not have been there before. Between 7:13 and 8:10 the video shows the train coming out of a tunnel. That's when I looked through the lens of the camera and realized the train and track were over 100 years old and there wasn't much room between the train and the gully. I am trying to make creative shows that hit highlights of trips without overwhelming the viewer. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks ahead of time.
Here is the link:

http://www.photodex.com/share/ptingler/daddpmg4

The show is 9:09 minutes long and contains nothing that would be objectionable unless heights give you goosebumps.

Re: White Pass Railway in Skagway, Alaska

Postby tdew » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:01 am

Hi, I need to use a different browser to view your show. Chrome just refuses to let me look at those in presenter. No time right now, I'll do it later.
I thought you might like to see this picture though. It's a lot different from the ride you took, and the one we took a few years ago!

https://goo.gl/photos/iYcHcNifGQAGgAHU9

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback