Wind Beneath My Wings

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Wind Beneath My Wings

Postby trailertrash » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:27 pm

I have taken a keen interest in old cemeteries in preparation for a trip next year. So I thought I'd combine two of my hobbies, Proshow and Drone flying.
This show was filmed in Kirkmichael Old Cemetery in South Ayrshire, SW Scotland. Its pretty much abandoned and in very poor condition, even tho a Victoria Cross holder is interned there.
The far side of the building [ the other half of the cemetery ] was totally unsuitable for flight even at low level due to foliage and some very high stones. Most of them were lying on the ground though.
I did ask one of the local residents who lives next door if there was someone I could get permission from, but it seems they only tend the place 2 or 3 times a year, so I just went for it.

Mechanics:

Length - 3m:04s
6 videos
HD Full Screen is available [ 1080 ]

Valued Member

Re: Wind Beneath My Wings

Postby john54 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:23 am

What can I say? This is beautiful!!!

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:37 am

john54 wrote:What can I say? This is beautiful!!!

Thank you John. I hope to do better after my project next year.

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:44 am

Very well done!! Just don't have the same experience the drone pilot did in Kentucky recently - neighbor was apparently hovering a drone over a fathers back yard watching his daughter sunbathing. The father (just a bit put out by the whole thing) blew it out of the sky :twisted:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:30 am

gpsmikey wrote:Very well done!! Just don't have the same experience the drone pilot did in Kentucky recently - neighbor was apparently hovering a drone over a fathers back yard watching his daughter sunbathing. The father (just a bit put out by the whole thing) blew it out of the sky :twisted:

mikey

As would I Mickey. We have very strict rules here, so hopefully I wont fall foul of them.

Andrew

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:39 am

Yeah, I side with the father on this one. He was apparently arrested, but not sure the whole story. If he shot it with a rifle, I would be very concerned since those slugs can really travel, but bird shot in a shotgun would be perfect. There have also been a number of scary incidents where commercial pilots report seeing drones at their altitude as they are coming in for a landing.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby magray » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Well done, an unusual subject made interesting and enhanced by great choice of music. The show held me to the end.

Postby Solitude » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:09 am

Beautiful and kind of sad so many cemeteries are falling into disrepair, due to lack of money, volunteers etc. Loved the perspective from the lens of the drone, though I do believe drone flyers should limit their flying to non-neighborhoods to protect people's privacy.

Tanya

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:21 pm

Hmmm - very odd - I watched it the other day fine, but now your post shows a grey square with a "plugin required" message. Not sure if you changed something or something got changed on my machine - I did install a new version of iTunes and rebooted yesterday - wonder if it is related? Does seem odd though.

[edit] OK, fixed it - somehow something had un-installed (or something) the flash player plugin in Firefox. It had been working - if anybody else runs into this, just go to the adobe site and re-install the latest flash player.

mikey

Postby ptingler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:03 pm

That was beautiful, and the music matched the scenery. The only thing I would have like to have seen (and I kept watching for it) was a date and name on one of the old graves--just because I am interested in such things.

Postby ptingler » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:04 pm

That was beautiful, and the music matched the scenery. The only thing I would have like to have seen (and I kept watching for it) was a date and name on one of the old graves--just because I am interested in such things.

Postby Bevie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't know Mikey - the drone's owner said it was 272 feet in the air when it was shot down. Those things are not cheap !!!! My husband has been looking into buying one for commercial purposes and even attended a few sessions with a large construction company here in town that he shoots for who had their lawyers come in to discuss if the company should get into drone photography. Now the FAA wants all drone operators to register http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/drone-registry-faa-transportation_56252b3ce4b08589ef4842f6?utm_hp_ref=drones

It's an exciting field to get into but can bring a lot of headaches - like misunderstanding between neighbors. The guy may have been spying on his daughter and then again may not. I haven't read anything about any digital images being found - so where's the evidence?

Amazon was talking about using drones for deliveries. Can't even imagine what that would look like but it's an interesting idea.

Anyway the real reason why I decided to comment was that first and foremost I loved the video - drone photography has a surreal look to it. Great job !!!

And have you heard about the 2016 New York City Drone Film Festival - very - very cool !

https://vimeo.com/136840979

It will be awhile, if ever that we'll be getting into drones but it's fun following the discussion.
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback