Baroque Brazil: Salvador da Bahia

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Baroque Brazil: Salvador da Bahia

Postby Aida » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:10 pm

While traveling in Brazil a couple of years ago, I spent a week in Salvador da Bahia.
Just recently, using Producer, I've finally created a video to show my visual impressions
of this city in northeastern Brazil. It's now on vimeo.

:arrow: Brief info about this city: Salvador da Bahia was Brazil's capital from 1549 to 1763.
Its historic center, known as PELOURINHO, is renowned for its Portuguese colonial
architecture & countless baroque churches, with historical monuments dating from
the 17th to the 19th centuries. During that time Salvador witnessed the blending of
European, African & Amerindian cultures. Pelourinho is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

:arrow: Baroque Brazil: Salvador da Bahia
https://vimeo.com/131055615
Length: 8 min 58 sec
This show does not contain material that might be considered objectionable
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must
carry it with us or we find it not." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Baroque Brazil: Salvador da Bahia

Postby sierra whiskey » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:12 am

Hi

I really enjoyed seeing this wonderful city. The Portuguese influence is very evident even in the beautiful pavements.

thanks for sharing

Steve

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:10 pm

sierra whiskey wrote:I really enjoyed seeing this wonderful city. The Portuguese influence is very evident even in the beautiful pavements.
Steve

Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to watch my slideshow. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Yes, indeed, the Portuguese influence is very evident in Salvador da Bahia, particularly
throughout the Pelourinho district. And Salvador, also because of its topography,
reminded me of Lisbon & Porto.

But the African influence is also very much present in Salvador: the music [samba],
the martial arts [capoeira], the Afro-Brazilian religion [candomblé], & last but
not least, that spicy Bahian cuisine as well . . .
Cheers,
-aida

Postby Betty » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Aida,

I enjoyed your slideshow and the creative masks you used. The music in the beginning of your slide show had my head bobbing and foot tapping. Beautiful pictures and I have learned a few things from your descriptions. Thank you for sharing.

~Betty

Esteemed Member

Postby Aida » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Betty wrote:I enjoyed your slideshow and the creative masks you used. The music in the beginning of your slide show had my head bobbing and foot tapping. Beautiful pictures and I have learned a few things from your descriptions. Thank you for sharing.

Betty, I'm happy you enjoyed my slideshow. Ah, yes, that bouncy music at the beginning:
well, that's samba - or more specifically, Brazilian carnival-style samba. There are
more subdued varieties of samba as well . . . but I find them always equaling uplifting. :D
Thanks for watching,
-aida

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback