Waterloo 200

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Waterloo 200

Postby trailertrash » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 am

Recently the UK celebrated the historic victory over Napoleon at Waterloo. My former Regiment [ The Royal Scots Greys ] featured heavily in those re-enactments and tributes, since Ensign Charles Ewart captured the Eagle Standard from the 45th Regiment [ Napoleon's Elite ] and were given the right to wear it as our cap badge. Ewart's tomb is on the Castle Esplanade in Edinburgh, and the eagle is housed in the Regimental museum in the Castle.
My Regiment was afforded the honour of parading through the City of Edinburgh with fixed Bayonets and the salute was taken by HRH The Duke of Kent [ In my time he commanded C Squadron, Royal Scots Greys ].
The parade was about honouring those who had gone before, those who serve today and those will serve tomorrow. So, more old soldiers. Sorry!

5minutes 26 secs.
50 slides
2 audio tracks.

http://www.photodex.com/share/trailertrash/2b9kpmg4

Esteemed Member

Re: Waterloo 200

Postby mikemullett » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:19 am

I'm a sucker for military shows. Was in REME for 35 years and at Bovington in 1956 when the Duke of Kent was at the STT.
Loved the show :D
Mike Mullett
There's no such thing as problems, only challenges
Nikon D5300 DSLR, PSP, Photoshop CS6, Premiere Elements 8, Adobe After Effects. Have just built a Win 7 Core I5 machine, 8G ram, 1TB hard disk

Postby ginger » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:35 am

Beautiful show! The colors and pageantry are just beautiful, and the music makes it so moving. What is that first song? I should know it... I've heard it many times, but can't place it.

ginger

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:37 am

ginger wrote:Beautiful show! The colors and pageantry are just beautiful, and the music makes it so moving. What is that first song? I should know it... I've heard it many times, but can't place it.

ginger

Dances with wolves. One of my favourite pieces. Thank you for the kind comments.

Esteemed Member

Postby trailertrash » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:40 am

mikemullett wrote:I'm a sucker for military shows. Was in REME for 35 years and at Bovington in 1956 when the Duke of Kent was at the STT.
Loved the show :D
Mike Mullett

Thank you Mike for the comments. My greatest friend was a Tech [ Radio ] in the R.E.M.E.
DoK is looking his age a bit tho.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback