Advert Video

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Honorary ProShow PHD

Advert Video

Postby Jeffery » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm

Please find below a link to my new video for a long time. I do hope you will like it. I'm new seeking reviews.

https://vimeo.com/130036853

Jeffery

Re: Advert Video

Postby Astra » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:10 am

Jeffery,

Amazing - and only NOW you are telling us ?? .... & good at keeping secrets, too ...

CONGRATULATION !!!

Alex/Astra

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:58 am

Hi Alex/Astra

Thanks for taking your time to write, that was nice of you.
If you are thinking of getting one of my books, try “Crown of Darkness”.
It was my first book, and I still think of it as my best.

Jeffery.

Postby Astra » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:56 am

Jeffery,
how many did you published so far ??
On Amazon site I counted 17!!! of them - and all of them had a publishing/downloaded date of 2015 (different months).

You did not write them ALL in one year ?? (That could be a record of its own),
When did you started to write ?
Truly amazing feat, what you have accomplished.

So if I can suggest, (since you have asked for suggestion/reviews for your slideshow):
It could be interesting for current (or future) readers - to learn more about your books:
year, you've started/finished the book, what genre it belongs to & maybe even short synopsis of each book - 2-3 sentences to describe it - and also, what you are working on in present.

(I am kind of "book-worm" myself and I was always looking for more books of same author, and was bitterly disappointed, when the author did not have any (older, new or planned) ones.)

And thanks for the tip about the book.
Alex

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:22 pm

Hi Alex

My writing bug started in my early teens when at that time I kept a daily diary. My grandmother and mother encouraged me to put the entries from the diaries into a book... these became my first books. Which at that time I kept on the old 3.5 floppy disc.
After leaving university I went into the army which started my passion for travelling around the world. Collecting information, knowledge about the people, their culture and way of living, putting it then into book form. Working as a professional Photojournalist again I have been sent to so many different places, some of them really dangerous. But still keeping notes and photographs. I have spent many years in the Far East where I met my wife who really pushed me very hard to continue my writing. Now living in England and retired with my wife and three girls I have finally put most of my writings into book form and have put them up onto Amazon Kindle, only in the last two years.
Now I have started writing new books and have a habit of working on more than one book at the same time.

All the information you have requested can be found on Amazon. My wife and young daughter are my editors and push me to write more, unfortunately the books have not taken off as yet. Very little in the way of comments, but this doesn’t bother me at all, I just love writing stories around my experiences of my life. (To date 17 online, as you have said).
It has been so nice for you to show an interest in my work, I only wish others would comment.

Kind regards
Jeffery

Postby Betty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:39 am

Congratulations!

~Betty

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 am

Thanks for viewing Betty
Regards
Jeffery

Postby Solitude » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:04 am

Being an avid reader, I found your advert video a wonderful way to advertise your books. I do have a suggestion, maybe a small overlay at the bottom of each book with a short bit of text giving the reader a small blurb on what the book is about. A tantalizing bit of text that will whet their thirst to know more. Congratulations, I will certainly look for your books.

Tanya

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Jeffery » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:42 am

Hi Tanya
This is very strange...in a way I have tried your suggestion. At first putting a taster in text on the same page as the book cover, but found that the show became too long and even my closest friends and dual editors, my wife and daughter found that after a while it became boring. Then a few days ago I came up with the Idea of producing a short snappy introduction to individual books. People can then see the show as you have done, then if a particular book interests you... watch the advert for that book. Some people have seen the only one that I have produced so far and have commented that they like it. Please have a look at my first one ‘CROWN OF DARKNESS’ and let me know what you think. A link to this I have attached.

https://vimeo.com/129043120

I would like to thank you most sincerely for first taking the time to see my show and secondly and probably most importantly to comment and leave constructive criticism. I only wish that others viewing our work would also at least comment.

Kind Regards

Jeffery

Postby Solitude » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:24 am

I took a look at the link you posted for your first book, everything fit well together and it certainly got my attention, but that was for only one book. In your advert you are showing quite a few books, a "small" semi-transparent background with just a couple of teaser lines about each book, should not add that much more time to your advert. I know when I download a book or visit the library, when browsing, I have a tendency to look at the cover then read an excerpt or synopsis (if you prefer) to see if I would like the book.

All in all, I think you have done a wonderful job. Very talented!

Tanya

Postby Astra » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 pm

Jeffery,
thank you for your long reply (on my question about your writing, your beginnings, etc...) which you've posted on Tue-Jun 9th.
What an interesting answer !!! The fact of keeping daily diary - is an amazing feat by itself.
Just your (concentrated) biography would make a fascinating non-fiction book.

New Advertisement Slideshow of your "Crown of Darkness" looks properly "bloody" to attract more attention.

(Just a question about the word "Advert" - is this abbreviation particular for England ?? - Like "flat" for American "apartment" ?
Because in US - I think just "Ad" is most commonly used - but, then - I could be mistaken, too...)

And - if I can have a suggestion for your new slideshow: I think, it could go little faster - horror stories are (mostly) read by younger people, who are used to rapid pace.

Thanks for sharing your writing experience with us.

Alex

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback