Battlefield Tour of Cassino 2015

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Battlefield Tour of Cassino 2015

Postby trailertrash » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:23 am

As I was stationed as an instructor with the Ayrshire [ Earl of Carricks Own ] Yeomanry from 1969-1973, I was asked if I would like to go on their Battlefield tour to Cassino to visit the places where they were engaged by the enemy and in support to, the 1st Grenadier Guards Division from 44-45. Of-Course I jumped at the chance.
Some short history: The ECO were an Artillery Regiment [152 Royal Artillery Regiment ] and landed in Italy. Fought their way up through Italy as far as Austria and were relieved at the close of hostilities.
Its sister Regiment [ 151 Regiment ] was also an Artillery unit but were mounted Cavalry on Sherman Tanks, fighting their way across France and Germany. These 2 units have traditionally had a connection to my own Regiment, The Royal Scots Greys, so I was honoured to be asked and they set aside a visit to where my own Regiment took some of its worst casualties, in Salerno.

This is the story of that tour. It's 11:49 Secs inc a 2:14 sec video.
75 slides - 3 audio tracks.

Obviously its not going to be everyone's taste. The target audience is the Old Comrades Association, however I do hope you see something you like. The landscape in that area is stunning and the Cemeteries are magnificent.

http://www.photodex.com/share/trailertrash/p24kpmg4

Andrew

Re: Battlefield Tour of Cassino 2015

Postby Betty » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:53 am

This was an interesting video. Thanks for sharing!

~Betty

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback