Switch to full style
Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Post a reply

Paper Tearing Style

Tue May 05, 2015 6:54 pm

I've been thinking about offering a set of slide styles for sale. I haven't worked out any of the details yet, just the concept. Hey, the weather's getting nice and I'd rather ride my bike than actually do work. :wink:

I think it's an original style for PSP but I'm not a regular seller and I don't know if anything similar is being offered by any of the sellers on this forum.

Below is a link to a short show illustrating what I'm starting to work on. If any sellers have something like this let me know and I will stop right now and just use these for my own personal use. The inspiration for this idea came partly from Des Thomas and partly from an AE project file I saw on videohive. However, I did not in any way, shape, or form use any of the material from that project file. My method is totally different and designed for PSP only.

http://www.photodex.com/share/sticky_buns/g2wxpmg4 26 seconds, 3 slides.

Thanks,

Joe

Re: Paper Tearing Style

Wed May 06, 2015 4:57 am

Joe, I don't have anything like that. I'm pretty sure Mona has a scroll style that's really impressive, but it's not like what you've done. Go for it. What's to lose?

Suggestion: Soften the shadow to give a stronger impression of depth.

Barbara

Wed May 06, 2015 5:05 am

Hello joe

There are some paper tear transitions in Photodex pack 1 but it's different.

For my own taste, I should prefer a bigger hole for the photo but I like the idea.

How did you make the effect on Ananda 6th birthday show title ? (I first thought Ananda show was about the Ananda pagoda ;-))
Last edited by Marie78 on Wed May 06, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 06, 2015 6:36 am

BarbaraC wrote:Joe, I don't have anything like that. I'm pretty sure Mona has a scroll style that's really impressive, but it's not like what you've done. Go for it. What's to lose?
Barbara

Actually I have a Rolling Effect which is very close to the technique that Joe used, but it's the inverted thing. Instead of rolling the background, as Joe does, I'm rolling the picture.
I suppose I could try something like the tearing effect too. But the slanting that Joe achieved might be a bit problematic in Producer.

Wed May 06, 2015 5:06 pm

cherub wrote:
BarbaraC wrote:Joe, I don't have anything like that. I'm pretty sure Mona has a scroll style that's really impressive, but it's not like what you've done. Go for it. What's to lose?
Barbara

Actually I have a Rolling Effect which is very close to the technique that Joe used, but it's the inverted thing. Instead of rolling the background, as Joe does, I'm rolling the picture.
I suppose I could try something like the tearing effect too. But the slanting that Joe achieved might be a bit problematic in Producer.

Checked your rolling effect and mine is sufficiently different so as not to be confused with yours.

Joe

Wed May 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Suggestion: Soften the shadow to give a stronger impression of depth.

Barbara

That's in the works. Also, a shadow preceding the curl. I guess you'd call those proof of concept styles because I didn't want to reinvent the wheel. I didn't like the metal texture, don't know why I left it in, except I couldn't decide what to leave in and what to take out.

Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Marie78 wrote:Hello joe

There are some paper tear transitions in Photodex pack 1 but it's different.

For my own taste, I should prefer a bigger hole for the photo but I like the idea.

How did you make the effect on Ananda 6th birthday show title ? (I first thought Ananda show was about the Ananda pagoda ;-))

Hi Marie,

That was all done in Photoshop and After Effects. The pencil sketch effect used a Photoshop action I wrote from a tutorial. I believe Barbara C also has a pencil sketch effect made totally in PSP that is very good.

The bouncing letters on a string were done using plugins, presets, and scripts for After Effects. That was just me putting different things together to get the effect I wanted. What I used is listed in the credits right around the 11 minute mark.

I'm still in the planning stages on this effect so lots of things have yet to be finalized, but thanks for your input.

Ananda is Sanskrit and it means bliss or happiness. As far as I know she was not named after the pagoda or the gym, which I believe is in Los Angeles California. :D

Joe
Post a reply