Winery Video for Client - please give me feedback

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Winery Video for Client - please give me feedback

Postby decaf4me » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:31 pm

I have just finished a draft of a video for a client called "The Seasons of the Vine". This video is approximately 10 1/2 minutes in length. One of the vineyard owners is the narrator. The owners wrote the script and I recorded using a digital recorder and Jensen desktop mic. The video will run continuously in their tasting room parlor. I would especially like hints on how I should provide the final product. They are hoping to run the show on a TV monitor with a USB flash drive. Will this work OK with an executable file? They would like a menu at the start, from which they can choose to run a version with narration or one with just background music. Is this possible to create in Proshow Producer? I think I remember seeing someplace that I can select "Loop Play" for continuous showing. How does one get it to stop playing and go back to the start menu?

Any other comments/suggestions are welcome.

~Tina

https://vimeo.com/118361113
password: Sue Anne

Re: Winery Video for Client - please give me feedback

Postby ginger » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:21 am

Nicely done! I enjoyed it very much. The guy has a great voice for this, and I thought the quality was very good.

ginger

Postby PhotoMill » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:14 am

Hello Tina..., At first blush, this is an excellent presentation. Great combo of stills and video and the use of transitions fit the show well. Narration is excellent. This next statement has nothing to do with the production but I must tell you that on slide 89 and 90 there was glaring lack of safety for the workers. The gears, belts and pulleys running within inches of the workers clothing and hands would be cause for our Ministry of Labour folks to be paying a visit to the establishment. It's too bad that there was not a shroud or cowling placed over the gears and moving parts prior to the video. In Ontario, there would be charges laid so I am not sure that the owners would want that part shown. You might want to find out with them.

As this falls under what I call "digital signage", my own method of producing and showing this type of presentation is to use a DVD. My viewing units have built in DVD players such as my Insignia 32 inch "Combo" unit. I purchased this at the local Wal-Mart some time ago but it does the job well. If I were to buy another one today, I would make sure is was 1080p instead of the 720p as it is. With a DVD, you can put both shows on it, one with narration and the other without. The sets remote control will work well for you. Short of that, a DVD player hooked up to the TV will do the same trick.

Good job on the production !! I watched it twice.

...Steve
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Postby Betty » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:11 am

Hi Tina,
It was very educational and enjoyable. Agree with others the narration was great. Makes me look forward to spring!

~Betty

Esteemed Member

Postby northward » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:46 am

Great job, Tina. Probably just what your client wants. Good to see a purposeful and balanced use of effects and transitions. Smooth integration of video. Hope the production helps to put you on course for more professional work. Maybe you can start with offering frequent updates and additions, like wine tasting events and such. Hmm, sure havent seen any US wines in Europe from other states than California.
I had to smile at Steve's remarks, but as a former machinist I agree totally, I was holding my breath watching the safety issues at the place. But then again, that has nothing to do with your project. Nothing to point out to them either...
Greetings
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:09 am

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments Ginger, Steve, Betty, and Wolf. This is the first time I have undertaken such a large project. I am an amateur photographer, having only gotten the camera I used for these shots and vid clips at the start of the project. It has been a huge learning experience, including learning to use Lightroom and Photoshop. It's good to hear that I did OK. I am sure my images will be better on future projects. As for the potential safety infractions, Steve - I'm going to leave this up to the client. They have viewed the video draft and are happy with it. I was fascinated by the moving gears as I took videos and even asked if there was any danger. I was shrugged off, so I think I'll stay quiet on this one :)

Postby Astra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:43 pm

Tina,
I liked your project very much - great flow of information, matching music and stills & videos very nicely chained together.
You very successfully projected a pride the owners have in their operation.
The only thing i would suggest: Titles at beginnings of individual seasons - by my opinion - should be matching in Fonts, be larger a should stay on screen little longer.
At the end - I liked transparent background (strip-like) underneath - it is giving the text firm position & importance.
Otherwise - great.
Thanks for showing,
Astra/Alex

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:39 am

Astra/Alex - Thanks for viewing and for your comments. I will take another look at those titles and fonts.

~Tina

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi

nice well made show. good mixture of stills, videos & styles.

i enjoyed being educated...that's got to be a good sign.

regards

Steve

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback