Covered Bridges

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Covered Bridges

Postby pixelpusher2010 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:36 am

Covered bridges invoke memories of a simpler times Although my show didn't turn out all that nostalgic

I have a couple weeks before it needs to be shown so plenty of time to tweak it. While I hope you will enjoy it Feel free to be harsh Already picked up one misspelling (lenght instead of length) and no menu yet

Nothing objectionable, No fancy tricks, 4mins 30 sec 15 megs

http://www.photodex.com/share/berniehynes/4gpmpmg4

Bernie

Re: Covered Bridges

Postby heckydog » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:01 am

It was an interesting show highlighting a nice variety of covered bridges. And the info you added was helpful. But . . . .

I didn't think the font you used was appropriate for a show about covered bridges. It seems to me they deserve something more dignified. And it was sad to see that Coca-Cola logo on the side of the Blair Bridge but of course that's not your fault. Sure hope nobody from Pepsi-Cola watches your show. :cry:

I used to go to the Covered Bridge Festival every year in Parke County, Rockville, Indiana. It's held in October for 8-9 days. They have 31 covered bridges in Parke County (used to have 52-1/2) and you could take wagon rides on tours of different bridges.

Haven't been there for a while though. On their website they had some more interesting info you may want to include. Here's a copy and paste of some of it:

In the 1800's covered bridges were practical due to the abundance of virgin timber and were covered to protect the floorboards. Another reason the bridges were covered is the fact that the horsed did not like to cross the open bridges where they could see and hear the rushing water. The bridges were covered and, you will notice, the entrances look like that of a barn. The horses would enter willingly. Covered bridges were known as "kissing bridges" as courting couples were prone to stop and steal a kiss before leaving the bridge . . . :wink:

The inscription "Cross This Bridge At A Walk" dates back to the horse and buggy days and was placed at both ends of the bridges. The rhythm of the horses hooves could do more structural damage to the bridge than the weight of a modern day truck. For the same reason, soldiers broke cadence when crossing also.

Again, nice show on an interesting bit of Americana.

Joe

Postby pixelpusher2010 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks so much for the input. I REALLY DO need to learn more about font. and yes the coca cola sign was my doing ( an inside joke )

Postby cherub » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 pm

So, the bridges are not just in the Madison County?
Just joking, joking.... :D :D
That's how I learned about the covered bridges in the US. First by reading the book, and then by seeing the famous movie: The Bridges of Madison County

Thank you for this educational show. I enjoyed it very much. Great photography, as usual.
I agree with Joe about the captions. It's not so much the font that bothered me, but rather the location of the captions. Too large and too in the middle.
Consider using a smaller size of font, with smaller spaces between the letters, and stay on the lower part of the screen, and to the left.

Thank you for posting this.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:34 pm

Pretty cool show Pixelpusher2010. Loved the storyline along with the beautiful pictures of covered bridges. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby pixelpusher2010 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:27 am

Thanks for the practical tip Cherub

I'm not going to repost it but have made the changes It does look more classy if I say so myself

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback