Sentimental Journey

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Sentimental Journey

Postby DJaseck » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:50 pm

My cousin, who was the best man at my wedding, asked me to do a show for his wife’s 80th birthday. I said OK, and he dumped a box full of old photographs, slides and CD’s on my desk. I tried to do something coherent with the stuff, a lot of scanning an quick retouching, to tell a small story of their life together. I know the images are of much more important and personal to them, but thought those here on the forum might be interested in the styles and transitions I used to string the show together. Just under 11 minutes...Dave

https://vimeo.com/108934694
Last edited by DJaseck on Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Re: Sentimental Journey

Postby JBD » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:02 am

Great as always Dave. Enjoyed it!

Postby Betty » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Hi Dave,
I really enjoyed the project you compiled from the box of pictures. What a great reminder and memory to have and share. It may be my older eyesight these days, however, a few slides that started out a bit blurry and then jumped to focus was a bit troubling for me. I loved the voice-over of Larry reading a personal message to Mary. That brought a happy smile and a tear a joy.

You inspire me and I look forward to your projects.

Regards,
~Betty

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:30 pm

JBD & Betty, thanks for you kind comments. Betty, that blurred image you referred to, could that be in the first slide? It is a PSP style (freebee btw) and I examined it and there are multiple layers, and every other one has a 20% blur added to it, so I guess it is part of the effect. I didn't feel like playing with it as I have put in an enormous amount of time in this show. But it was for a very special couple in my life and was worth it, I actually teared him up with his own narration at the last part. When I can do that, I feel mission accomplished. I told him at the start I had an idea that could do that...Dave

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback