In Maggie's (A Dog) Memory

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

In Maggie's (A Dog) Memory

Postby Stephanie » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Hello,

It sure has been a long time (in fact, a couple of years). It's good to be back.

I was wondering if you could provide me some input on the attached show? I did this show for a friend who had to let her beloved Maggie go a few weeks back. Maggie struggled with many health issues, none of which my friend spared any expense to help her. Maggie lost her battle with throat cancer, my friend Cat had to let her go.

I realize there are some movements within a few slides I want to fix. But, would appreciate any additional input you may have time to offer. I want the show to be simple and heartfelt. There is no video, the show is only 9 minutes long.

The meaning of show is done in black and white, at the end, Maggie comes back to life in the last slide coming to color.

Thank you in advance for your time and thoughts: http://www.photodex.com/share/maggi123/b47gpmg4
Steph

Re: In Maggie's (A Dog) Memory

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:00 am

Hi Stephanie,

Being a dog lover and pet photographer, I had to watch. So sorry for your friend's loss. It's never easy to lose a pet. :(

I liked the captions sprinkled throughout though it's difficult to read/absorb them while listening to the words to the pretty songs.

I think the concept of the black and white and ending with a color image was ok. If possible I'd select a stronger image at the end where Maggie is looking at the camera rather than looking away. But that's just my preference as I like to see their expressive eyes, which to me, is the heart of their soul and character. I think that might present a stronger ending.

Not completely sure but it seemed like there was a number of repeated or at least similar images. I'm assuming that was done to try and fill the display time to the song lengths. If you decide to remove some, the second song might work to shorten the front of the song, fade in (with a long fade) and end normally for a strong ending. I would watch it again but have had trouble getting the Presenter versions of shows to play without it crashing. (Not your fault). :roll:

I don't know if you tried to adjust any images to brighten them. But sometimes it's possible to get a bit more detail out of the images using Producer's brightness, whitepoint and sharpness sliders. Since there are so many, you may not want to bother with all of them but it might work on a few of the ones that already have good detail but are just a bit dark.

Thanks for sharing your show.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby Stephanie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Thank you Debbie, you are always so kind to provide such great feedback.

You have given me exactly what I was looking for. I did change the last slide to a close up. Amazing, such a little detail makes such a big difference. I liked what you said, it's where their soul is.

As for the pictures, I do believe I could possibly take 1 or 2 out that look somewhat the same. I did play with the brightness in an attempt to adjust those that are dark. Maggie's mom provided these pics off her phone, loaded to shutterfly, then sent to me. I think these pics have turned very grainy. Adjusting the brightness help bring light, but shows the grain. I'm all for brightening.

The writing, I hope it wasn't too distracting. I wanted to provide her with something as if Maggie is telling her it's okay, she hasn't left her. My friend hasn't stopped crying and missing her.

I do appreciate you taking the time to provide your input. I'll post an updated link once I fix some of the slide timing. I've fixed the movement, the last slide, some of the brightness. Now, all that's left is seeing what slides I can remove to better time track 2 and time the transitions.

I hope you're doing well.
Steph

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

If brightening makes the images more noisy, so much so that it's a distraction, then maybe forget the brightening. Unless you want to take them into a more formal photo editor to see if some noise suppression works, just leave them be.

Your friend will appreciate the show either way. It's always nice to have the collection of pictures for the memory.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby shazmark » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 pm

i cant seem to view your show, it comes up with an error message.
cheers
sharon

Esteemed Member

Postby Stephanie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:46 am

Thank you Sharon.. Here is the link. This is revised based on feedback from Debbie. I've since shared the show with Maggie's owners, they cried, but loved it.

http://www.photodex.com/share/maggi123/4m7gpmg4
Steph

Valued Member

Postby V.B. » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:18 pm

Hi Stephanie,

I think you did a great job putting this video together for your friend. I'm sure she appreciated it very much. Losing a pet can be like losing a member of your family. We had to let our dog go, too, only a few days ago. We had her since she was a puppy - 14 years ago. It was a very difficult thing to do. She was the best. Thanks for sharing your video.

-Vic B.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

Very moving.
regards.
pd

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback