Wanderings

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Wanderings

Postby smunited » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:46 pm

I have a membership to a local garden called "Van Dusen Gardens". I visit at least once a month all year. This year I did a special outing with my lovely daughter Katherine, where she dressed up and I took photo's of her throughout the park. I have created a slideshow that is part images of her in the park, flowers and garden scenes. I belong to a photo club that has a competition yearly with the top 20 shows being shown to the general public in a big theatre, on a big screen. This is one the shows I am thinking of submitting. The show is 4 minutes long and doesn't contain anything offensive. Look forward to your comments, suggestions for improvement, etc. Sandra

Photodex (best quality)
http://www.photodex.com/share/SFiedler/wd2gpmg4

My website
http://smunited.smugmug.com/Multi-Media ... /i-5brVfGf

Re: Wanderings

Postby weldr » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:21 pm

I'd like to see that on a big screen. Beautiful Sandra. Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby debngar » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Beautiful in every way Sandra! :mrgreen:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Thanks for watching Don and Deb. Picking the images for this show was hard. It is hard when you are so close to your work, nice to have an outsiders perspective. Sandra

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:10 am

Sandra

as always you show is full of beautiful photos & wonderful manipulated images that truly are works of art. I always find your shows inspirational in one way or another however, although I enjoyed this show I didn't think the presentation was one of your best, still better than most of us...but not your best. The trouble is you set a very high standard and some of your other shows are superb.

regards

Steve

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Thanks Steve, I tend to agree that this isn't one of my more "creative" shows. More of a straight slide show representing my images of my daughter and the garden. I am still happy with the result. Maybe if Bart was still here to push me harder, nudge me in a direction. Still finding my way... Sandra

Postby mjwhit » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:33 am

Absolutely wonderful...the photography, the production of the slideshow, the music flowed perfectly with the show, and your daughter is absolutely beautiful. I enjoyed your show a great deal and I think you should enter it in the competition.

Thanks for sharing.

As a nature photography I too love photography and gardening, if you do not mind, what type of gear do you use. Over the years I have tried several, Nikon, Cannon, Fuji and have settled on Sony A77 and A99.

Thanks again for sharing.

mjwhit

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:02 am

Thanks mjwhit for watching, and for your lovely comments regarding my show and my daughter. I shoot with a Nikon D7000. I have a few lenses, my kit lens 18-105, macro 105, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 150-500, Nikon 50 1/8, and my Nikon 55-300. I also have tow SB700 flashes, which I often use for my flower photography as well as models! Hope this helps, Sandra

Postby Astra » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Sandra,
your show was very emotional, beautiful photographs, great composition... but little sad & had slightly "haunted" feeling.
....(Like looking at old movie, old-time poster... age-less beauty - long gone....)
I still cannot pinpoint, where this impression came from ... has somebody else same feeling?
Definitely memorable show, I have to look at it again,
thanks for sharing,
Alex/Astra

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:14 pm

Astra, I am so thankful that you took the time to comment. It is interesting that you picked up on that feeling. I went through a divorce (25 years) and my daughter and I had a rough time. We are rebuilding our relationship (slowly), and there is a lot of emotion when (in me), and in her, when I photograph her. My goal with my slide shows is to hopefully elicit an emotional response... you MADE my day!

Sandra

Postby Astra » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:04 am

Sandra,
when I was reading your reply, I've got shivers & goose-bumps. I did not expected to be so close to the hidden facts.
.... Your show reminded me movie: "Somewhere in time" (Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour) - similar undertones of "wishing for something different then it is now...".
If I could suggest another version of this show - go father: acknowledge the sadness and wistful thinking, employ even more haunting melody, express your feelings...
It is also very therapeutic for healing the bruised soul - even if you (or somebody else) cannot ...later... after it is finished - watch it without tears.
Thanks for reply,
Astra

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:12 am

Thanks Astra, I might just do that! It is therapeutic. My friends keep written journals, I say I keep a visual journal... S

Postby Solitude » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:24 am

Beautiful, enjoyed it so much, I viewed it twice! Love it when I can get lost in a show.

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks Solitude, for watching, commenting and liking it enough to watch it twice, lol! I am glad you got "lost in the show", that means that nothing was out of place for you and took your attention away! Sandra

Postby Betty » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:24 pm

Sandra,
So dramatic and beautiful! I loved every minute of it. The waterfalls looked like the water was actually flowing and the transitions were awesome. I love how the colors of photographs matched the colors in the dress or another item in the forest (garden). I was mesmerized. The music was so in tune with the photographs and the story. I'll be watching it a few more times.

Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your creations.

~Betty

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback