Educational - Walgreens History

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Educational - Walgreens History

Postby Betty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:45 pm

Hello Everyone,

I created this slide show as an educational one and using TTS - Text To Speech. Surprisingly, I actually had fun creating this.

It's 7:37 in length and nothing objectionable.

http://youtu.be/Oq17DDjQzEU?list=UUtAStUVN8zCFS9S29zsSWIA

Thanks for watching!

~Betty

Re: Educational - Walgreens History

Postby ginger » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:00 am

Hey Betty,

I really enjoyed the history lesson on Walgreens. It was interesting to see the old photos and the different forms that the local drugstore has taken over the years. I know that Walgreens has been expanding heavily the last 5 -10 years in my area. It seems like every time you turn around they're building another one.

I was wondering where you get your old photos?

Thanks for creating this. I'll have to remember to drop by the flagship store next time I'm in Chicago.

ginger

Postby Betty » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:13 am

Hi Jan,

I used a program from Reallusion that is web based and supports 22 languages. It's called Avatar TTS On Demand. Below is the link where you can give it a try.

http://tts.reallusion.com/

~Betty

Postby heckydog » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm

I'll be honest with you, I found the show to be interesting but the TTS voice detracted from the overall experience. for me anyway. It sounds okay, but there was no emotion to it, no feeling. It was too detached.

For a show of this type and length I think it would be better to use a live talent.

Morgan Freeman or David Attenborough would be great . . . . . but if you can't get one of them :wink: . . . . find someone who works cheap. :)

Joe

PS I have Text Aloud and occasionally will use one of the voices for a short intro or something like that. So they do have a use on occasion.

Postby Betty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:01 am

Thanks Heckydog for taking the time the watch and comment on the video. LOL, I wish I could get Morgan Freeman. He's awesome in this field.

~Betty

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:15 am

Hi Betty,
This turned out really good. Interesting and kept me watching until the end. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby Betty » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks, Stephanie!

Glad you enjoyed it.

~Betty

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback