Assateague National Seashore

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

Assateague National Seashore

Postby johnniecanoe » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:40 am

Located on the border of Maryland and Virginia, this 37 mile barrier Island is home to wild feral horses, sika deer, Delmarva fox squirrel, and all sorts of birds. Spent 5 days there while on vacation in the spring and had the opportunity to photograph some of these critters. On our way to Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge which is on the Virginia side we stopped at the town of Berlin, MD. for a couple of hours. It was voted one of the coolest towns in America. This show comes in at 9 minutes long. Nothing offensive. http://www.photodex.com/share/johnniecanoe/w9dwpmg4

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Assateague National Seashore

Postby sierra whiskey » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:06 am

Johnnie Canoe

Still a great name & as always i really enjoyed viewing photos from one of your fantastic trips.

some of the images appeared a bit grainy at my end.

regards

Steve

Valued Member

Postby johnniecanoe » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 am

Hi Steve. Thanks for viewing and your comment. You are on target as usual. The weather and lighting was very poor that week so at times I had to bump up the iso more then I wanted to. That's my excuse for some of the grainy photos. I chose to keep them in the show because I thought even though they lacked crispness they still told my story.

Postby mjwhit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Johnnie Canoe,

I really enjoyed the show and the images were great. I see that you love nature too. What sort of camera and lens did you use?

Thanks for sharing.

MJ

Valued Member

Postby johnniecanoe » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:15 am

Thanks for the comment MJ. For camera I use Sony's entry level a55 slt. For lenses my mainstay is Tamron 18-270. For telephoto I use Tamron 200-500. They are not the greatest lenses, but it's what I can afford.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:28 am

Johnnie Canoe

Thats the camera i use too.

Steve

Postby mjwhit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:45 am

Johnnie Canoe,

If that doesn't beat everything. I have a Sony too. I love it. I use a Sony a-77 and have several different lenses, but mostly use Sigma 70-300 macro zoom.
Over the years I have had a number of DLSRs but I started my digital fascination with a Sony 707 point and shot. From there I have owned Nikon, Fuji and now the Sony a-77.
Without question it is the best camera for my particular needs than any I have ever owed. I love it. I have been looking at the Sony a-99 full frame pretty seriously and may purchase it later this year.

Steve, it's good to know your man with good taste also and have a Sony.

MJ

Valued Member

Postby johnniecanoe » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Well, well aren't we just one big happy Sony family. :D My a55 has been to the shop twice. Moisture problems. My fault. I need to upgrade to a77 which is weather resistant. The full frame a99 would be nice if I made a living at photography. I just can't justify spending 2 grand when I only do this as a hobby. My nephew has started a part time photography business and he uses Sony cameras and lenses including the a99. He has let me try some of his high end equipment and it does make a difference. I can't wait till he decides to upgrade. I have first dibs.

Postby ginger » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:12 am

johnniecanoe,

I really enjoyed your show. I loved the opening sequence with the sunrise video and waves crashing against the shore. Looks like a beautiful
place with lots of great photo ops with the variety of birds and horses, etc. The soundtrack was just perfect. Thanks for sharing!

ginger

Valued Member

Postby johnniecanoe » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks for watching and commenting Ginger.

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback