The Photography of Dave Jaseck II (tweaked & revised a bit)

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Valued Member

The Photography of Dave Jaseck II (tweaked & revised a bit)

Postby DJaseck » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 am

If you choose to watch the show I know what you might be thinking, Dave is out of control with the number styles and transitions he uses in this show. However, in my defense, because the show is just an excuse to show off some of my photography and does not have a story line, I tried to make the show at least visually entertaining with the effects done, hopefully a touch of class, to some easy jazz, while keeping you wondering what is he going to do next! Believe me, I am much more conservative in the use of styles in my other shows. Anyway, being new to PSP, this and every other show is learning experience and PSP has become, without a doubt, one of my all time favorites programs to work in, and I have a lot of Adobe stuff. I have posted the link before (and has had over 400 plays), but have tweaked, added some new images and refined the show a bit and thought you might like to take another look....Try to view at full screen if possible, done HD. Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy the show...Dave (Drake too, the brains behind Black Dog Productions, LOL!)

https://vimeo.com/89302248

Re: The Photography of Dave Jaseck II (tweaked & revised a b

Postby ginger » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:38 am

Hi Dave,

Still a great show! I loved all of the beautiful portraits that you included; very nice photography as usual. Also you did a great job on restoring the old photo.

Keep shooting and making shows; and tell Drake I said hi. :D

ginger

Postby Betty » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:59 am

I enjoyed the jazz music to go along with the video. Very nice variety of photographs and they just pop! I would love to see another video from you with drake and the other cute little dog. :D

~Betty

Postby texan » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:48 am

Your production skills almost exceed your photography skills.......very nicely done......

I will go back and watch it several times to try and pick up some of your photography and PSP production effects........

May I ask what font you used for the sign off.........(Very Nice)

Thank you
Texan

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:45 am

Ginger, Betty and Texan...Thank you for your generous compliments and comments. It's hard to tell if you are going in the right direction when you set out to create a show and if your are hitting the mark so to speak. Comments like yours are encouragement I think we all need to hear and yours are most appreciated. I see a certain style evolving as I work with the program, with combinations of styles and transitions that seem to go well with each other. Having been a professional musician helps with music soundtracks with syncopation and all. Photography and music has been my life's passion and PSP is perfect for allowing me to express that passion through the program. BTW...the font I used in the show is a fun font call "Satisfaction" and if you all would like a copy, send me an email and I would be glad to send a copy for your use. I got is as a free download so I do not think I am violating anyone's right. My email is: djaseck@mi.rr.com

Postby ginger » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:14 am

Thanks for the offer of the font, Dave, but I already downloaded it after seeing the first version of your show.

ginger

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:50 am

Texan....If you are serious about studying the styles and transitions I used, would a couple of screen shots of the PSP opened with the show in it be of any help, or do you just want the exercise of figuring them out by yourself, either way I understand? This would tell you immediately what styles and transitions I used. I have often wished I could see someone else's PSP build or design work area.

Postby Dean Athans » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Dave -

What a "comfortable" show--both music and images. I don't feel that you used too many transitions or styles, but that they fit the content beautifully.

Your B&W styles particularly interest me with that halo-like/solarization effect and wide range of velvety whites through blacks.

Your personal musical background does show--if you have edited this music, there's no sign of it. It plays very smoothly and is an easy listen.

As for ProShow Producer, I'm glad you're discovering what many of us have over the past few years, that it's an incredible video presentation program and so much more!

Yeah, I'm also going to try to track down that font for later use. (If I can't, I'll probably take you up on your e-mail offer.)

- Dean A.
Dean A

Valued Member

Postby DJaseck » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Thanks Dean....If you like black and white, I have quite a bit in my first "The Photography of Dave Jaseck I" show, if you have not seen it.
https://vimeo.com/85779744
Working on a couple of new ideas right now, just have to get the material together. Again thanks for you kind encouraging comments...Dave
Last edited by DJaseck on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:36 pm

Very nice "lab" work :roll: Excellent shots and nicely put together. Enjoyed the show!

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback