Wet, Wet, Wet, But Very Nice!

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Wet, Wet, Wet, But Very Nice!

Postby northward » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 am

Kent Nagano conducts the Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra in a memorable outdoor performance.

Gothenburgers love their Symphony. The annual June 6th National Day performance in a city park usually draws thousands of listeners. This year the mutual love affair was put to a severe test, due to truly miserable weather. Nevertheless, dedicated hard-core fans showed up in impressive numbers. And many in the crowd understood that events that turn out differently than everybody had hoped for can have a special charm and magic. Photography though was a real challenge that day!
Show runs for about seven minutes, which is too long by at least six minutes if Beethoven or all Classical Music leaves you cold. I made the show for the benefit of one member of the Orchestra who will retire soon.
http://www.photodex.com/share/northward/m9awpmg4
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Re: Wet, Wet, Wet, But Very Nice!

Postby bob walden » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:29 pm

I can wait that long and more for Beethoven! Wonderful to see so many people with good taste in music. Wonder what the turnout would have been with good weather. Think your photography was excellent especially considering the weather.

Esteemed Member

Re: Wet, Wet, Wet, But Very Nice!

Postby northward » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:31 pm

Thanks for commenting, Bob. Yes, the ordeal was worth it for Nagano and Beethoven. Though I was tempted to turn around cycling thru the downpour. But when I saw how many withstood the adverse conditions it was all systems GO. And I didn´t regret it, a very special experience. The annual concert normally draws thousands, don't know exact how many. Among them many tourists as well.
Wolf
-- Minolta SLRs, first digital camera Apple QuickTake 1996, various others since then ---

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback