Orchestra Seniors Presentation

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Orchestra Seniors Presentation

Postby jdh62 » Sat May 31, 2014 11:49 am

I was volunteered by my wife to produce a slideshow of graduating seniors for my daughter's high school orchestra. Knew PowerPoint can produce it, but decided to search for other programs. Came across ProShow and was blown away by what I saw it could do. I had a hard time figuring out how to adjust music start/stop, fading, so music fading/volume is not great. I probably used too many effects/transitions, but loved Effects Pack Vol 6.

The slideshow is little over 10 mins, size about 100 MB, and certainly nothing objectionable.

http://www.photodex.com/share/jdhoang/89kppmg4

Use Photodex website, but would appreciate any advice/comments on sharing slideshows (i.e., Vimeo, YouTube). Thanks!

Re: Orchestra Seniors Presentation

Postby ginger » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:50 am

Hi,

You did a nice job for your first show. My suggestions are mostly regarding the music, which you already said you had trouble adjusting. The biggest thing I noticed was the very long fade-in which took almost 20 seconds for it to come to full volume. I would think about 5 seconds or so would be enough, but you can play with that.

Another suggestion would be to maybe change the music at points where you're introducing one of the concerts, and maybe even use one of the songs that were performed at that particular concert (though not necessary of course). Regarding creating 'sections' with different music, you might consider using a 'Fade Through Black' slide that helps transition between sections and/or songs. Here's a demo that illustrates how to create that (created by another member of this forum). It's basically just a black slide in between your sections/songs where the black slide has 0 length and a simple cross fade A/B transition of about 2 seconds before and after the black slide (of which that time can be adjusted to suit as well).

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 4394&alb=0

I'm not sure if it's a slide style or transition that I found distracting in several parts of the show, but it's the one where the slides scroll up and down real fast with a lot of flickering. It's more the up and down/shaking movement between slides that bothers me more than the flickering. Just personal opinion of course but I found it to be kind of jarring where it was used in this particular show.

Hope you found some of that useful.

Welcome to the forum!

ginger

Re: Orchestra Seniors Presentation

Postby jdh62 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:51 am

Ginger,

Many thanks for your review, comments, and suggestions! The fade-in wasn't that long in my original slideshow. I noticed music timing difference in my slideshow versus when it gets posted on Photodex. Thank you for the suggestion and example on the fade-to-black - I will try using it in future shows. The flickering was a transition (Flicker - Film Reel Jitter) that I used to kind of keep consistent with the previous slide style (Old Film Projector II Montage 1).

Thanks again!

John

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback