Black Light Experiments

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Black Light Experiments

Postby smunited » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:46 pm

I was lucky to spend the day with a group of talented body paint artists and models. The artists used a special type of paint that would interact with black light. It was a challenging shoot as the models had to hold still as we were shooting at quite slow shutter speeds. Please note that the models are entirely painted but they are naked except for underwear and nipple coverings. This could be viewed as objectionable to some viewers. This show is not a finished product. This is a working version and I would really appreciate your comments. What you feel works, what doesn't. This show is 4 minutes long. Thanks for taking the time to watch. Sandra

http://www.photodex.com/share/SFiedler/26xcpmg4

Re: Black Light Experiments

Postby Betty » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:16 am

Sandra,
Wow, Wow, Wow. That was amazing. The Black Light concept worked very well with your painted subjects. I was beginning to get mesmerized with the music.
Truly a work of art all the way around and glad you were able to capture it. Thanks for sharing, I loved it!

I also loved your High Fashion in the Country. I think it was posted on Photodex.

Regards,
Betty

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:24 am

Thanks Betty. You(at least me) never know when you are working on will have audience appeal. I wasn't sure if the music was to out there, but I felt it suited the show material. It was a really fun photo shot. Really glad you liked it, and that you commented. Thanks for watching High Fashion. I have tweaked it but haven't uploaded the new version yet. Sandra
Last edited by smunited on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby debngar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am

Hi Sandra,

It's always good to see your posts. What an unusual photo op! My favorite painted person was the one with the tatoo looking paint job down the arms and back around the 2:43 and 2:52 spot. I also liked the use of horizontal tilt to turn the image.

Thanks for sharing this one!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am

Thanks Deb. This is my second time shooting painted models. This first time we only did a bit of black and white. This was all black and white. There isn't often men so it was unique to have that in the mix. I really hope I get a chance again. The next shoot might be regular body paint but in an outdoor setting, which could be fun too! Sandra

Postby trulytango » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:21 am

Great job, not only with the photos (they're awesome), but the show itself is riveting. 8)
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:24 am

Thanks Trulytango, a fun show to shoot, a fun show to make! Wish they were all so easy to put together! Sandra

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Sandra

another of your very interesting shows that i enjoyed a great deal.

loved the use of new effects & the various tilting effects.

one comment i hope is helpful, although as it's a work in progress you've probably already spotted it...on the initial title page the back drop with the light effect would probably look better with some edge softening on the left hand side.

regards

Steve

Postby Canuck » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:13 am

I thought that the photography and tilt effect were very well done. Although the music did suit the images it made me feel rather depressed at the end. Overall I thought that it was very well done.

Rick
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikon D90 Photoshop CS5, Painter X, http://www.hamiltoncameraclub.com, http://rick-mckenzie.artistwebsites.com/

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks Steve. I was so excited to share the show that I didn't spend the time to do those cleaning up things. There are a few of those niggly things, like the title page that I will clean up. It was great fun to use the new transitions pack 6 before we are all sick of seeing the styles and transitions! Thanks for watching and letting me know that you liked it.

Hi Rick, thanks so much for watching and taking the time to let me know your thoughts. Music is a hard one. I tend to go a bit dark these days, sorry about that. Don't want to be leaving your audience depressed. The only thing in my defense is at least it made you feel something! Strong enough that you commented on it.... Sandra

Valued Member

Postby V.B. » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:27 am

Hi Sandra,

Your black light photography is quite interesting. It must have been a fun shoot. The colors in the photos are vibrant and I like the way they pop out from the images. Very neat! The music is, as you say, “a bit dark,” but it suits the show. You’re right, music is a hard one. I think this particular selection provides a mysterious feel to your show. Well done!

-Vic B.

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi Vic, I am always happy to hear your comments. I worked hard in post to due justice to the incredible artistry of the body painters work. Working in black light is hard as what you are painting doesn't always translate well. I should post a short no black light versus in black light. I did shoot a few of the models with standard lighting. The tiger face was by far the most different. It was good in regular light but black light totally made it! Anyhow, I am now rambling. Thanks, and yes it was an incredibly fun shoot! Sandra

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:46 pm

Very well done (both the photography and the models). The music was the perfect match for that too. Great job !

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks Mikey, missed your comments. It was one of those shows that came together easily. Loved the model shoot and the rest fell into place! Hope I get to do more! Sandra

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback