Remake of Valentine

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
Esteemed Member

Remake of Valentine

Postby just4fun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:03 pm

I wanted to learn the new rotate and horizontal and vertical features. Thanks to Dale and Mona for helping me with this. Dale's How-to Videos are great. :D I tried making a pop up card in 4.5 and this is much better. Still needs tweaked but let me know how I can make it better.
Thanks
http://www.photodex.com/share/just4fun/bpmcpmg4
Vivian

Re: Remake of Valentine

Postby Betty » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi Vivian,
This was really awesome! I give you a lot of credit for your perseverance. This turned out really nice. I need to learn how to make a pop up card. My sister has a cutter machine that enables her to make real pop up cards. It would be fun to make her an electronic version for her birthday!

Keep up the work!

Regards,
Betty

Esteemed Member

Postby just4fun » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:57 pm

I think a template would work to make a simple pop up with just the pages. The ribbons were another issue. I still don't have them accurate. They had to move multiple directions and it was my first time trying that and they slid all over the place. I tend to be on the creative side with a workable math ability but the trying to find the logic behind those ribbons has evaded me because so much is moving. The start time is staggered and the length changes as they move up.

Maybe someone with more experience and math ability can get it. I needed the point end to attach to the heat and stay there as the heart moved up the screen so the timing had to be accurate. I could get that and make them rotate, but they had to get longer and it when I tried to lengthen them as they moved, they began to wander off the starting point. I must have watched videos for days and finally realized that the pan at Smooth rounds the action and when I set it to linear they were easier to control but they are still not right.

You could just practice with colored rectangles till you get the movement down. Start with two and work up to four and attach with rectangles not ribbons. I finally had to give up on the back ribbons and change them to straight.
Vivian

Postby heckydog » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:44 am

If it's any consolation, I did some research on doing a pop up like yours in After Effects. Specifically about connecting two 3D layers with a third 3D layer, namely your ribbon, or a rope, or whatever object someone might want to use to connect the layers. It's not easy by any means.

There is a LOT of math involved in making it work correctly. I have the expressions but I haven't attempted to create the pop up, yet.

You deserve a lot of credit for getting it as close as you did in PSP, basically using trial and error.

One of the biggest hindrances in PSP is the that there is no camera layer. So you have to force perspective just using the tilt option and that's really hard to do.

Joe

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback