My Wedding

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.
ProShow Hall of Fame

My Wedding

Postby sierra whiskey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:10 am

Hi

this show has been some eight years in the making. my wife has seen shows i've made for others & has been nagging me to make one of ours.

i originally made a show with a different software program that was far more limited that ProShow. those limitations & in particular the lack of layers meant i amalgamated quite a few of the pictures into collages & i didn't keep the originals (experience is the best & cruelest learning tool), this together with the fact that all the pictures bar a few are from guests rather than the official photographer means the quality is not brilliant in places. i have used multiple images on slides to hide some of the deficiencies. however, if that aspect can be ignored i would love an objective & critical view of the show before i stick it on a blu ray for posterity.

the show is about 11 minutes long but if you can spare the time i would be grateful for any help.

regards

Steve

http://www.photodex.com/share/sierra_whiskey/mcc9pmg4

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: My Wedding

Postby seektheburd » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:20 am

Hi Steve,
It's a shame the originals are no longer available but I think you did a wonderful job with the collages and styles. Such a nice wedding. You two make a beautiful couple. Thank you for sharing. I enjoyed this very much.

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby debngar » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:22 am

Hi Steve,

This was sweet. I loved the incorporation of the girl with the bouquet in the right corner looking at the scenes displayed to the left around the 2:00 mark and the boy taking pictures at the 1:32 mark.

Adjusting the music can be tricky and annoying, especially if the show timing has been set fairly solid. There is quite a bit of overlap at the 1:36 mark. You could first try increasing the fade out to see if that would help though. If you wish to fiddle a bit more and can manage it, at the 1:36 mark, consider shortening the song right before It's A Wonderful World to reduce the overlap or maybe offset the next song a tiny bit. Shaving off the end a tiny bit of the first song might be the easiest approach. Keep the first song's fade out for sure. If you need the next one to fade in, keep that too. I think there is a good note to end the first song at 1:32. It may leave a few seconds of no music but maybe that may be ok. If you take care to note the current place in the show timing where the 2nd song comes before cutting the first song, you can offset it forward to the slide where it initially started in this version, after the scene at the table with the book.

Hope that makes sense.

Your wife will surely love the show. It's nice to have something like that to watch on your anniversary!
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Esteemed Member

Postby smunited » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:50 am

Hi Steve, a lovely glimpse into your family. You wife will be thrilled I am sure. I always love watching your shows. Loved the flow and styles you chose. It was nice having the main picture big and the added images on the side, really kept me engaged in the show even though I didn't know the people. Thanks for sharing, Sandra

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:17 am

Excellent Steve ! Looks like everybody had a great time (I hate stuffy weddings full of zombies!). We tend to be our own worst critics. While not all the images were up to yur standards, you will find that, in most cases, the viewers don't even notice that - they are busy re-living the wedding and enjoying the show. Great choice of music too although I had to laugh at your fist song there "what a wonderful world" - our local black weatherman (KOMO TV) just did a re-make of that song to the words "What a wonderful team" for the Seattle Seahawks football team (and he did a wonderful impersonation of Louis when he did it). So I'm watching your wedding and hearing "What a wonderful team" :D

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Steve-Po ... 95601.html

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:04 am

Thanks for watching & the kind comments.

Debbie

i've been fiddling around with the music & fades as i was never really happy. i shall have a look at your advice.thanks.

Mikey.

i've checked out the link. the weatherman can sing.

regards

Steve

Postby trulytango » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:42 am

Thought I'd commented on this one, but apparently not.

Lovely show Steve... you did such a good job with your page layouts. And you did have some lovely images to work with. I like the way you managed to incorporate the layouts together with slides styles, meaning the styles were uniquely transformed. Must have a go at that myself.

We tied the knot in 2003, before I even discovered ProShow Gold. We didn't even bother with a photographer... just dished out a few free cameras and relied upon others to take shots - the result being my own wedding photos would be hard to showcase. I slipped a few into my Mum and Dad's recent video, but they really were the best of a bad lot :(

So, it'll be 10 years next year... hope you have something special planned :wink:

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:32 am

Iris

thanks for watching.

I've just been to a wedding & they really do highlight the changes that have taken place in photography & it's technology in a very short space of time. i once thought the disposable cameras were the hight of wedding sophistication...a sign og getting old i suppose.

best wishes

Steve

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback