Caption Layers Example

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Caption Layers Example

Postby im42n8 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I was just dinking around with some coordinated rotation centers among a set of layer and decided to add some caption layers (from the recent release of Producer v6) to see what they might look like.

This just barely scratches the surface of what caption layers can do ... and all I did here was to change their rotation center and play with their shadows a little. Still, kind of interesting.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Caption Layers Test

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:26 pm

You've just shown the essence of caption layers: the ability to do what we were once forced to do in an image editor. Now it's hardly more than converting text to a layer and then treating it just as we would any other layer. Before now, captions didn't play by the same rules.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Caption Layers Test

Postby im42n8 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:00 pm

I like the fact that I can move the caption wherever I want (in text settings) without actually moving the text layer itself ... so I can keep the same rotation center. This implementation they provided gives much more control over captions than I thought we'd have. In most respects it is more flexible than a graphical text. ... as long as you accept the simple flat (but very useful) text we're used to.

Nifty capabilities are now at our fingertips! :D

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback