My Daughter's One Year Slideshow

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

My Daughter's One Year Slideshow

Postby vmn13 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I put together this slideshow to play during my daughter's first birthday. I tried to put together a story showed her development throughout the past year, along with all of the family and friends that are a part of her life. Any input regarding the flow, effects, etc, whether positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

The show is 7 minutes and 24 seconds; however, I did my best to keep it engaging and entertaining.

This show does not contain material that might be considered objectionable. Thanks for watching!

Re: My Daughter's One Year Slideshow

Postby tomdavis » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:37 pm

The show was beautiful and also good photography. You could not have picked a better subject for the show. The family shows they are proud of the little one and could tell she is loved a lot.

This show will be a life treasure. My only suggestion is to slow down the timing, around the three minute mark, between those several pictures so comments can be made regarding he subject/s in those picutures.

The video portions were appropriate and I like the ending video. You have a keeper in this show. Keep on posting and for sure enjoy your children. Love is the secret in a successful family.

Tom
WB6CKH

Postby vmn13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:55 am

Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to watch the slideshow and your comments. I will try and slow down the timing at the 3 minute mark and finish up the show for her birthday party.

Thanks,
Vu

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 am

Vu,

I found myself smiling from ear to ear for the entire show. I really loved your morphing segment, what program did you use? -- great job!!!

Robin

Postby vmn13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:44 am

Robin,

Thank you for your watching and commenting. For the morphing part, I used Adobe Photoshop CS5 to crop the photos into a white background. Then I resized and lined the eyes up so that the morphing is subtle. From there, I used Adobe After Effects with the Reflex pluggin to transition the photos. The reflex pluggin allows you to use start/end points for each keyframe, and it fills in the transitional states. Let me know if you have any other questions or need additional details, and I'd love to help.

Thanks,
Vu

Esteemed Member

Postby Robino » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:12 am

I just started use After Effects, but only with templates I purchase -- could you possibly make a template?

Postby vmn13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:18 am

Robin,

Send me a private message with your email, and I"ll see what I can do.

Vu

Postby bob walden » Sat May 04, 2013 3:36 pm

Really liked the show and great job on the morphing!

Postby debngar » Sat May 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Adorable baby! Loved the morph segment also and the mix of video clips with the still images in the show. :)
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby vmn13 » Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 am

Thank you Bob and Debbie!

Valued Member

Postby decaf4me » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 pm

What a wonderful show and treasured keepsake! Beautiful photos and good job of interspersing just the right length video clips.
~Tina

Postby HunnyB » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:26 pm

What a cute show..LOVED IT. :D
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Valued Member

Postby mcdonto » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Hello,
I just reviewed your beautiful daughter's One Year Slideshow. I really enjoyed it so much...you did a great job!! Your daughter is so very pretty :) I really loved all the beautiful pics of her and the morphing was just so amazing!! I loved the songs you put this video too (I've got them written down). My niece Amy's baby girl, Jessa, is scheduled to be born on 11/18 (she's breach) and I've mentioned to Amy that I want to put a video together for Jessa's First Birthday Party. Thank you so very much for posting this wonderful video as this has given me some inspiration!!! Do you have any ideas and/or suggestions to give my niece as far as taking pictures/video's and keeping them organized in putting them together for me when I do her daughter's Birthday Show?

Thank you again so much for posting your beautiful daughter's show. I'm sure this is only the beginning of many more video's your going to post as she gets older. Can't wait to see the morphing in that show :)

Tonya

PS...what's the name of the song in the beginning of your show?? Loved it!

Postby dsprincis » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:07 am

Hi Tonya, the name of the first song is "Stole my Heart" by Little & Ashley.
Darlene

Postby bigsewed » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:34 am

It has been said by all those above me...OUTSTANDING!

Wes

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback