"Woofstock 2011" Caption bug workaround

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

"Woofstock 2011" Caption bug workaround

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:50 pm

ProShow used to have the choice of texture on caption fill screen. But there is a bug and currently it only displays the image in each character. That's not my usual choice in most cases.

After seeing Barbara's helpful blog post "Giving Dimension to Producer Captions" - http://bit.ly/CaptionDimensionPost - I decided to try something similar for this year's Woofstock show. But because I wanted my texture to fill the entire caption, not fill each character, I used a more time consuming work around. Had the fill caption feature worked like it used to, I'd use Barbara's cool method instead since it's way quicker.

There are 2 screen capture layers used as masks in the set-up for the title screen to get the psychedelic texture-on-caption-like effect. The white dropped layer (on bottom) is a full screen capture with the black chroma-keyed out to give the title some depth. There is no option to use the caption outline feature by way of this set up because these are not true captions, they are image layers.

Most of the time I aim for consistency in type of caption fonts and display. But the slides at the end needed a thinner, similar looking font to fit all the text and have it legible. Nothing fancy there.

It didn't occur to me until I uploaded the show that applying shadow on the chroma-keyed white bottom layer screen capture would give it more pop. I just tried it to see if it would work and it worked/looked great. Too late for this show though. Sigh....

There are 5 layers total used in the title slide. Here's the general set up. YMMV (your mileage may vary) This does not include kf settings for layer movement or opacity etc.

Layer 1 - Woofstock screen capture white letters on black used as Mask over layer 2
>>>Layer 2 - Spectrum linear gradient with adjustments to WP, BP and Blur and rotatation
Layer 3 - Bottom 2 lines screen capture white letters on black used as Mask over layer 2
>>>Layer 4 - Similar to layer 2 Spectrum linear gradient
Layer 5 - Entire Title screen captured white letters on black with black chroma-keyed out (threshold and drop off both at 30) and offset under other layers a tiny bit to give dimension and key framed to appear as soon as upper layers are in place. I would also apply a drop shadow on this layer to increase dimensional look.

If you only have one caption, not broken up like the title slide in the show, then Layer 3 and 4 can be left out entirely.

"Woofstock 2011"

Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback