Charity Quiz Night & Charity Quiz Night 2014

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Charity Quiz Night & Charity Quiz Night 2014

Postby cps » Mon May 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi All,

My friend has asked me to make up a movie quiz section for his Charity Quiz Night in the next couple of weeks.

His criteria were that it was to be a collection of films in fast succession, to be a variation between old & new films and easy to hard in guessing the film.

No pressure there then!!!!!

The clips are being played just before the interval so the teams can have a good chat what the films were before the next half begins.

I started to use pictures and some video but I have decided to just go all the way and use video for the first time.I was a bit apprehensive as I have experienced proshow being a bit temperamental with video and audio can be out of sync before rendering out.

Anyway here is the result, it’s been a bit of a slog but I got there in the end.

Hope you enjoy,

(Nothing objectionable/no copyright infringement is intended)

Length: 3:04 minutes

Answers

Last edited by cps on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Charity Quiz Night

Postby Bart_B » Mon May 02, 2011 3:26 pm

CPS,

Very clever, very well done!! Welcome to this outlet for obsession and I can't wait to see more of your work.

Bart

Postby cinderellen » Mon May 02, 2011 6:42 pm

BRAVO! This is fascinating and extremely clever. You may be a new member but you are no stranger to ProShow. Oh, did I mention I love it? Will be looking forward to seeing some more of your work!

Ellen

Postby kabeeo » Tue May 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Nice work. Enjoyed it. Even if my brain was running behind the pace!!!
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Postby TC Time » Tue May 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Very Creative! It worked and it worked well :!:
Thanks for sharing
TCTime

Postby bellzerr » Wed May 04, 2011 12:29 pm

Nicely done! I'm preparing some material for a men's retreat which will include video clips. Please tell me what software you use to pull your clips and what (if any) you do in terms of conversions before dropping the clip into ProShow.

Postby psychogramma » Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Nicely done! Sounds like it will be a fun event.

Cathy

Postby cps » Wed May 04, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks for all the feedback much appreciated for taking the time to comment.

My friend liked the results but said he wanted less clips and wanted them to be longer as he thought this would give them more time to write the movie down. I have suggested it may be better just to name the actors as that would be easier.

I am a bit disappointed with his reaction as he did say he wanted a collection of films in fast succession.

Thanks for the positive feedback from the forum, time to move on to the next project.

bellzerr I use the following:-

DVD-Shrink free software
Daniusoft Video Converter Ultimate

DVDShrink is free software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc. I use Nero for me in the background but you can use other programs.

I pick the clip from the dvd I want with the edit tool & then save onto hard drive as a dvd folder. I found that each clip should be no more than 1 mins for the conversion to be successful in proshow and Daniusoft Video Converter. You can pick as many clips as you want to your dvd folder as Daniusoft recognises each clip as an individual inside the dvd folder.

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/D ... -4128.html

You can also do the dvd rip on Daniusoft software but I like dvd shrink for the dvd part but Daniusoft keeps it to one software and works brillantly as well .

The next step is the conversion of the dvd folder or your film clips for proshow to handle the film. I use Daniusoft Video Converter Ultimate, I can honestly say the quality is amazing for all types of versions. You can also edit the film here as well.

I have noticed that proshow doesn’t like/able to read small clips with less than 1000kb but Daniusoft can merge clips together as one, so its brilliant to put small clips together. I convert the dvd clips as MP4 movie clips with Daniusoft and went up to 500,000kb but as a standard I kepted it between 10,000kb-40,000kb.

All the clips can then be cut in proshow to view a specific part of the film in more detail if required & i will loop the clip where appropriate in proshow. I then render the final show out as HD on proshow & then use Daniusoft to create h264HD MP4 versions for vimeo or u tube.

For me MP4 movie clips are the way to go as the quality is retained from start to finish, you can use any dvd rip software but Daniusoft Video Converter Ultimate is what is keeping the quality with proshow to the highest standard. You can also create a dvd with any type of film with Daniusoft and the quality is also amazing.

http://www.daniusoft.com/media-converter-ultimate.html

Hope this helps, it works for me.

Cps
Last edited by cps on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby bellzerr » Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

This is great information. Thanks much.
I'm a long time fan of DVD Shrink but the info on the other software and conversion techniques for use in ProShow is just what I need. Thanks again!

Re: Charity Quiz Night Charity & Charity Quiz Night 2014

Postby cps » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:33 am

Charity Quiz Night 2014

Here we go again.

My friend has asked again for me to make up a movie quiz section for his Charity Quiz Night 2014.

The last one was was successful with heated debates, cat-calling, demands to see it again and subsequent complaints. What more could you ask of a quiz?

Anyway here is the result.

Hope you enjoy.

(Nothing objectionable/no copyright infringement is intended)

Length: 5:21 minutes
https://vimeo.com/90573210

Re: Charity Quiz Night & Charity Quiz Night 2014

Postby Betty » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:25 am

Charles,
They were exciting to watch. Besides trying to guess the name of the movie, I also tried to guess which slide style or transition you used. Very well done. I hope you get to make more and share them with us. It must have taken you quite a bit of time to prepare this project. Kudos to you and all the best with the Charity!

~Betty

Postby dzacco » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Outstanding!
Where do you get your Theater Music?

Postby cps » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Betty and Dzacco

The project took about 2 weeks.

It’s been a bit of a slog again as I am still experiencing problems with ProShow being temperamental with video freezing and audio being out of sync before rendering out. I wonder if any other users have the same problem?

The Theater Music track is:- Fire Up The Shuttle from the film Elysium by composer Ryan Amon.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated for taking the time to comment.

Will post the answers next week and feedback from the Charity Night.

cps

Postby cps » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:39 am

Hi All,

Just received feedback from my friend on the Charity Night which was last night.

I was quite taken aback as he said my round had people clapping at the end and after requests had to play it again.

Oh well success, time to move onto the next project.

Will post the answers next week.

cps

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi

i'd never seen the first collection & assumed it was new from the title. i then read the posts including the one from the very sadly missed Bart & realised the situation. I very much enjoyed both shows that were very nicely made & good fun although sadly i wouldn't have scored well in either quiz.

regards

Steve

Next

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback