The 380 sec portrait

Post a link to your shows created with ProShow Producer and get feedback from others. Please include a short description or title for each show link along with the approximate running time. If you don't want to chance getting criticism, please don't post your show.

Re: The 380 sec portrait

Postby bob walden » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:01 am

As to my opinion of the Zarem effect. It's just me. I'm old. Things move too fast for me as is!!! Personally I feel the audience is the most important factor. Totally agree the length should be determined by who will be watching it!!No show is too long if the audience is with you. My shows about our Grandson is way too short for my son and daughter in law. But I guess 3 hours of his head moving a couple inches at a time may be a bit much for others!! Point being if the show is keyed to the audience that should determine its length!! IMO. Just as effects can be cool but not at the expense of the subject. Moving images can work if there is a reason for it. But it isn't a movie. I like to [url]view[/url] the images which can suffer if they are flying all over. My main comment is you took the critics, not as criticisms. And you were able to show why you did what you did. That works for me!!

Bob

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:56 pm

Ok....it's already all been said about the technical and critiques side of it but I had to add that this is sure a bunch of beautiful people and those little guys....cute as buttons!!! This is the best place to learn. I've been doing this (slide shows) for years and almost every time I log on here I learn something new!

Pat

Postby AMD » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Right you are, Pat! It is certainly a nice, professional forum with some wonderfully talented and generous members.

It is really great to have a place to go to get instant help; there is always someone willing and able to help. We all certainly are entitled to our different ideas about certain effects, etc., and that is what makes the forum so great.

The critiques--both positive and negative--offer great feedback whether or not we choose to incorporate any suggestions. And, as has been stated before, many post not for critiques but because they have what they think is a good show and hope others will reaffirm that it is, indeed, a good one.

Ann

Location: First house on the right after you go around the curve...(John Lennon is on my shirt)

Postby imabeatlelover » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Ann....you are so right about the people here. They are really the best! I have never looked at critiques of my shows here as positive or negative but rather as "supportive and/or constructive." (smile) :) :D :lol: I LOVE this forum!

Take Care!

Pat

Postby trulytango » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:33 am

Hello Lind82

Be prepared to WOW! your audience! I've done a fair number of shows presented on a big screen at weddings/special anniversaries/ parties - and they've always gone down a storm (with the exception of one - but that was due to a serious fault with the sound system the venue provided). You have a winner on your hands!

Your show is brilliant! Spot on! People/Family/Friends will love it! It will get rapturous applause, a standing ovation even... and people will talk about it being one of the biggest highlight of the day! Believe me 8) - the styles and effects you added have lifted it beyond the look of a home-made show and it is bang up to date with what people want to see.

Please make sure you run through the technicalities of the presentation well beforehand. Check your output, the equipment to be used on the day - rely on nothing that you have not checked yourself in person! Do not allow anything or anyone spoil the presentation of this wonderful show.

First and foremost though... keep calm and enjoy the day!

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby sierra whiskey » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:04 am

hi lind82

i really enjoyed your show. i find making family shows the hardest...you usually have to try and appeal to a very broad cross section of ages and therefore tastes. i think you have quite a nice balance.

i agreed with the early comments about the jenny zarem effect but i've since read your reply and think as an attention grabber it will surely work. my only cricisms are that early on there is a picture that spins out and a new one spins in i thought it looked a little clumsy and behaps could be tidied up a bit. also near the end there was a black & white close up of a face to the right used as abackground, this seemed to jump into focus & perhaps a slower fade may have been more subtle.

as for the comments about improving the image quality of the old photos i think that is a matter of personal taste and they certainly capture the times in which they were taken.

good luck & best wishes

steve

ps. how about a show of some pictures of your country!

Postby Lind82 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:10 pm

Thanks again for all the feedback.
My main comment is you took the critics, not as criticisms”

Correct, I love the fact that you guys judge the shows trough professional eyes. All the feedback have been excellent and I have gained some new and better perspective about the use of effects and picture correction. Thanks Bob, I value your comments.
Please make sure you run through the technicalities of the presentation well beforehand”

I will definitely do that, excellent tip that I will follow up on. Thanks Iris, the wedding party and I will benefit from this

also near the end there was a black & white close up of a face to the right used as a background, this seemed to jump into focus & perhaps a slower fade may have been more subtle"

Totally agree. Have made the fade slower. Thanks Steve, you feedback is also much appreciated.

ps. how about a show of some pictures of your country!

Definitely, the beautiful nature of Norway will be an excellent topic for a video and of course I will post it here for some valuable feedback.

And finally I will give a warm thanks to the following people: Kevin, Al, Gr. Ab, Ann, Mike, Mikey, Debbie and Pat. I appreciate that you guys took the time to have a look through my video. Excellent and value points have been provided and I will carry those with me into my next projects.
HunnyB, I am sorry for only posting the video at YouTube. I will not make that mistake again :)

Lind82 :D
http://www.videosfromphotos.com
Upload, Customize, Share and Enjoy!

Postby g.vandeusen » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:19 am

Hey Lind,

A lot of good comments ahead of me. My sense is that you have a good feel for it already and probably just need to keep making more shows. You obviously take pointers well and that's half the battle. Your love of the subject matter came through well, too, and that's something a lot of people have trouble with. :)

Previous

Return to PSP - Sample Shows & Feedback