Cheljour Pics 2 DVD

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Cheljour Pics 2 DVD

Postby cheljour » Thu May 22, 2008 5:38 pm

I have my new website up. It is still under construction in some places, but still a lot of information. Looking forward to comments and suggestions for improvement.

www.cheljourpics2dvd.com

Re: Cheljour Pics 2 DVD

Postby trulytango » Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 am

Hi

Nice site... but the little dancing figures on the home page are a real distraction? I also found the text difficult read in places as it was very small.

Regards
Iris

Postby BarbaraC » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 am

I agree with Iris on those dancing figures. I ended up incapable of reading anything because of the distraction.

I was completely in the dark about the "How To Guide," wondering, "What am I supposed to guide?" Then I realized you were referring to a how-to guide. Get the hyphen in there because, without it, it takes on an entirely different meaning.

Three things: get rid of the stick figures, reduce the amount of text (people online are an impatient bunch), and insert the hyphen. These will help a lot.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby cheljour » Fri May 23, 2008 6:00 am

Thank you. I put the stick men on there by accident and am trying to find out how to get them off. I will cut some of the wording down this weekend. Thanks for the input.

Cheljour

Postby czali » Fri May 23, 2008 9:12 am

I agree on the dancing men. I looked briefly but you need to give your page names searchable text (this might be something your working on). They are at the top of your page and help people find your site. Your logo should bring you back to home. I also was unable to view your show. I tried twice and it stopped pretty early on.

The look is good though. Professional. I think it is a good start.

Colleen

Postby cheljour » Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 am

Thanks. What do you mean by giving the pages searchable text? I am going to cut the wording way down. And I am waiting on an answer for the dancing men. The video should run ok. I was able to view it from the photodex site. Thanks.

Postby czali » Fri May 23, 2008 12:38 pm

I mean that when you click on the tab DVD slideshows you have called it "Page Title" and the same for some of the others. You want to call them what they are. Your home page states "Home". You want to make this as descriptive as you can with as many "keywords" as possible. When I watched the softball DVD it opened WMP and stopped in the beginning. Maybe it is me?

Colleen

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Fri May 23, 2008 12:44 pm

czali wrote:When I watched the softball DVD it opened WMP and stopped in the beginning. Maybe it is me?Colleen

It isn't you. I tried watching it last night and then again today. Both times it quit after about 10 seconds.

Kathy

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri May 23, 2008 1:08 pm

I also have the same problem with that video file.

Brian
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby debngar » Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 pm

I could not view the softball show either.

The other "sample" link said it was for opening an executable file. That is something I probably would not do on anyone's website.

You might want to take a look at that too.

Like the others, I too say the dancing men have to go. That I can tell, they serve no purpose other than to distract the viewer. :|

Debbie

Postby cheljour » Sat May 24, 2008 5:23 pm

I am still waiting on Yahoo Sitebuilder support to contact me on how to get rid of those annoying men. I click that by accident when publishing. I will fix the softball sample. Were any of able to see the one that is posted on the photodex site? I believe that one is working ok. I guess I still have a lot to do with the site. I am learning as I go. Thanks.

Cheljour

Postby cheljour » Sat May 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Finally, I found out how to remove the bouncing images. I removed the two videos and will rework them. What is the best format to include a short video on your website? Thanks so much. Keep checking back and giving me feedback.

Also, let me know what you think of the sport collages.

Thanks.

Return to Personal Web Sites