Updated and Remodeled Web Site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Site Admin

Updated and Remodeled Web Site

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 pm

I know I should be trying to spend some free time working on making some slide shows, but I've barely found time to finish processing my photos from the cruise to Hawaii my wife and I took last month, as well as the photos from our quick trip to Salt Lake City earlier this month.

In addition to uploading the photos to my web site, I've also made some changes to the layout of the site. There are some new features such as photo ratings and my favorite, the ecard. If you're interested, please take a look.

My Gallery

In a couple of weeks I head to Colorado for the "24 Hours of Hockey" charity event, and then my wife and will drive up to Yellowstone for a few days before flying back home. As you might have guessed, more photos will be taken. :D

Once we return home we won't be going anywhere for a while so I promise to put some kind of show together.

Enjoy!

Mike

Postby jeanc » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi Mike, I've always loved your site and photos and like the remodeled version. Love the songs ... "Wonderful World" and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow". Great photos of Kacie's soccer and I really like the pet photos. Well, all of them are really spectacular and I love the variety. It is hard to pick favorites.

Be safe on your trips and can't wait to see another show! I myself am behind on shows, etc. I've been battling golf elbow (no, I don't play, but this mouse causes same!) and severe back muscle spasms. Dr said to lay off computer and shows but I have a large end of year one I have to crank up and get with here real soon. I have 120+ more photos coming in.

Look forward to seeing more of your great work!

Smiles,
Jean

Postby nannybear » Thu May 01, 2008 7:08 am

Those are some fabulous sunsets!!! Site looks great! Hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Postby Truly M » Thu May 01, 2008 10:29 am

Hi Mike,

Site looks fab - i think you may have used JAlbum - as i have been having a go with JAlbum -Chameleon - which is pretty impressive, so hoping to upload some of my images for sale real onto my website. Good luck with your charity event - hope it goes real well.
I was just thinking the other day about the chat room and how not many of us really use it and was wondering if it would be a possibility or something for you to think about - i was kinda thinking when i log on to this forum - i usually take a look at the bottom to see who is online and was thinking it would be great if you could click on a persons name and send an instant message to them - a bit like msn messenger which would pop up on their screen to say a person hs spoken to them - and a conversation could take place there and then. Obviously the person at the other need not reply if they didn't want to - well i know its a bit vague but could it be something you could think about. I know you have a lot on at the moment but perhaps when you are a little less busy? Would love to be able to send an instant message especially at important times like HunnyB's upsetting time at the moment. anyway just a thought.

Keep smiling

Jen
x

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Thu May 01, 2008 10:32 am

Hi Mike,
Beautiful pictures and nice Website. Thanks for sharing and for all you do!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Postby debngar » Thu May 01, 2008 10:45 am

Mike,

Wonderful website, pics and choice of music.

Are you using Adobe Macromedia to create the flash show on your website or another program that converts it to the compatable flash format?

I am trying to decide whether to fork over the $600 for Adobe or try using a less expensive product $250 that might do as nice a job on converting my slideshows to flash.

Hope to see some great stuff when you get back. Have fun!

All the best.

Debbie

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 am

debngar wrote:Are you using Adobe Macromedia to create the flash show on your website or another program that converts it to the compatable flash format?

I'm using a free program called JAlbum to create the photo gallery. I use a skin called FotoPlayer for the template. It's a pretty robust skin, but highly customizable to suit your needs. I've done quite a bit of tinkering to get the look and features I want, but anyone can do the same if they take the time to read the manuals. I highly recommend it!

Truly M wrote:I was just thinking the other day about the chat room and how not many of us really use it and was wondering if it would be a possibility or something for you to think about - i was kinda thinking when i log on to this forum - i usually take a look at the bottom to see who is online and was thinking it would be great if you could click on a persons name and send an instant message to them - a bit like msn messenger which would pop up on their screen to say a person hs spoken to them - and a conversation could take place there and then. Obviously the person at the other need not reply if they didn't want to - well i know its a bit vague but could it be something you could think about.

Unfortunately, that isn't an option with the software. The best I can offer is that you send a PM. When the recipient navigates to any page within the forum they'll have a notification at the top of the screen stating they have a message waiting. That's the best I can offer. If they're still online when you send the message they'll immediately see the notification unless they really try not to. :D

On a side note, when the switch is made to the new forum software there will be a notification to let users know if anyone is currently in the chat room without having to enter the room. Currently you have to enter the chat area to see if anyone is in there.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I appreciate the input!

Mike

Postby nannybear » Thu May 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Actually Deb and I were in the room on Tuesday at 5:00 and had a great chat. I actually pop in quite often. That new feature would be great!!!
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

zookeeper

Postby zookeeper » Thu May 01, 2008 6:30 pm

Beautiful pictures!!

Postby SandyB » Fri May 02, 2008 3:31 am

Mike --

Spectacular photos - so many good ones!
Really like the animals, the panda being my favorite,
and the DC shots - especially the WWII Memorial.

Looking forward to seeing your CO/Yellowstone show!

Sandy
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Return to Personal Web Sites