Re-worked website

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Re-worked website

Postby czali » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:21 am

Hello everyone,

Happy Halloween! I have just finished reworking my website and would like to know your thoughts?? I am nervous about the activeX message coming up and would like to know if it comes up for all? I am also concerned about the general speed of the site and the videos. Let me know how it works for you. Thanks in advance.

http://www.photosremembered.com/index.html

Colleen

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:27 am

It looks excellent, but I left immediately to come back here to tell you that there isn't enough space for the video controls, not in Firefox, anyway. There's no access to them because they're hidden just below the enclosing box.

Barbara

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am

Colleen

Nice looking site. I wish you well. You are following the "high end" bill of fare, so although you might not get as many clients as you hoped for, you will be able to spend a lot of time making them perfect. I cater to the 'average Joe's", and offer significantly lower pricing, but I have found my niche. I want to make video slide shows available to those less fortunate - at my expense. I feel like this is my way of giving something of value to someone who will truly appreciate it. You have some great looking video for the "teasers". My hat is off to you.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:17 pm

Colleen,

The site looks great and I had no problems ... but, as Barbara mentioned, the controls for the videos are a little hidden. (I use IE 6) I was able to use them, but the videos should either raise up a little, or add a little more real estate under them.

Good luck with your new site ............

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby czali » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:27 pm

Thanks guys for the info on the controls. I will take a look.

Al, I know this is a big question for everyone. I have done quite a bit of research on the subject and found that I am not the highest out there and certainly not the lowest. Believe it or not I have enough business for my liking right now. It is usually only about two a month but right now that is just right. I cerainly put the time in though and try to create something that is unique enough.

Thanks for the comments.

Colleen

Postby bigsewed » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:36 pm

Great site!
It showed the results of a lot of hard work...Everything worked great for me...
Based on what I have researched your pricing is very competitive...
Your example were excellent!
Good luck...
Wes

Postby nannybear » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:39 pm

Site looks good, I didn't get an Active X message but couldn't open the high quality. I am at work so that might be a difference. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Postby Scotty » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:49 pm

Hi,

No ActiveX problems when you use Firefox. Video controls hidden on your
Home Page video which I believe may be a QuickTime mov file video.
Your Sample Videos (only tried the Photodex ones not the WMV ones)) run OK.

Scotty

magnusg

Postby magnusg » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:43 am

Hi Colleen,

You have a great job with the site.
Very good.

For some reason it freezes when I open it in IE. So, I have to close down IE.
Don't know why this is. I seem to be the only one with that problem.

In Firefox it loads forever. Maybe the file size could be a little bit smaller. The internet connection that I have is very fast.
In IE the video on the first page plays in WMP, and in Firefox Quicktime plays the video.

Otherwise, excellent job!

Sorry

Blessings!
Magnus

Postby czali » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:26 am

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to look at the site. Magnus, I agree about the speed sometimes. I feel like it takes a minute to load. I currently host with web.com and thinking of switching. I just wanted to get the site chnaged first and then that is probably my next step.

Thanks again for your time,

Colleen

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:30 am

Looks really good!

I am trying to navigate my way through web.com myself and now I'm wondering if speed is going to be an issue for me as well.....

Everything worked fine for me though and looks good from here in Ga!

reese :)

Postby dtpitts » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:49 pm

Colleen,

Great site, really liked your demo. Under the Graduation text, the word "surprise" is spelled wrong. Good luck with your new site...

Teresa
:)

Postby srq102 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:17 am

Wow!
Your site looks great! all the videos load pretty fast .

Rick G

Esteemed Member

Postby pwholmes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:35 am

I recently had my father look at some Presenter shows in his Internet Explorer. It never asked if he wanted to download the plugin. The box just kind of appeared and then nothing happened. I don't know if this is anything unusual but I would make it more apparent to the casual browser of your site that the high-quality samples require the Presenter plug-in and hyper-link "Proshow Presenter Plugin" so they can go to the download page.

Also, instead of saying you have a high-quality version and a Windows media version, I would make the button say, "High Quality Proshow Presenter Version", or something of that nature, and then in small print underneath, "Presenter Plugin," that hyperlinks to the page on Photodex where they can download it. The reason I wouldn't say high-quality is that most users, who have not read the intro to the Samples page will just think, "Hey, I've got cable modem, I'll go for the high-quality." Then they get the surprise of the Presenter Plugin.

Also, I notice that you created your buttons on a slightly darker grey background than what you actually use. This makes the curves jaggy and detracts slightly from the look of your very professional site. I don't know what you use to create your buttons. I use Xara Webstyle 4 and a color-picker program to make sure they match. Then you don't get those jaggies. On the same note unfortunately the Presenter plugin is only designed to work on what appears to be a pure white background. So you get those same jaggies.

I only mention these because everything else on your site is top quality. I especially liked the ending to your Graduation Sample. All your shows are great advertisements for the top-quality work you do.

I also think, the pay per photo idea is great because slide-shows can vary so much and often-times 25 to 100 photos is the most that's needed. It also might help your customers narrow down their photos to the absolute best and most relevant.

Paul Holmes
Amateur cab driver
Amateur videographer
Amateur slide-show maker

I'm only here to learn from you geniuses!

Postby czali » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 pm

Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to watch. I assume you are using firefox and that is the reason for some of the issues. I will take a look at everything soon. Working on a few shows and as soon as I have a break it is my top priority. Thanks again,

Colleen

Next

Return to Personal Web Sites