My Web Site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

My Web Site

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:47 am

Hi everybody...new to the group and wanted to share my web site.

WWW.MusicalMemoriesInMotion.com Or.... WWW.MMIM.Biz wich is much easier! TX!!! Greg Giuliani

Postby nannybear » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:33 am

Very crisp and clean site! Didn't get a chance to watch the samples as I am at work, but will try to check when I get home. Welcome to the forum! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

TX Jan

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:32 am

I appreciate the response and look forward to your feedback!

Postby czali » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:55 am

Gregg,

Looks good very straight forward. You might want to give people another option to view your shows. Most people do not want to download a file to their computer. You might want to have two options. Good Luck!

Colleen

MMIM.Biz

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:16 pm

CZali...I know of 2 ways to post....wmv and direct link from photodex...HELP. If there are more please point me in that direction, IM new to this web site thing... This was a task!!! I appreciate you responding!!! Greg

Postby czali » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 pm

Gregg,

You could link to photodex but do not make the customer think they are leaving your site. You should find directions here of how to do it. Also, the wmv is fine but can you set it up on your website so the file does not have to be downloaded to the customers computer? You could also find instructions of how to load Flash. Just learned how to do it myself. Also should be instructions here.

Good luck, I am finding it is always a work in progress.

Colleen

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:46 pm

Greg

There are a few mistakes on your site pages that are very obvious. I'll try and go through them.

1. Home Page Type is in block format, except for the first line which is left aligned.
2. Home Page 'New graphics and special effects samples coming soon and are available now!', they are either coming soon or available, can't be both. :D
3. Samples Text is 'aligned center' except for title.
4. Samples Can you link the Presenter download to the Photodex site? Your download gives the off-putting massage that files of this type can potentially harm your computer. Enough to put many people off.
5. Samples The link to 'Full length shows' gives a different set to the titles below.
6. Pricing As 3. above.
7. Pricing 'Local Chicago land area.' This has been associated with the disc, not the photographer available.
8. Pricing Your text talks about Slide DVD, Photographer available and giving shows, but the spacing does not differentiate these three areas.
9. Helpful Hints Different size title to other pages.
10. Helpful Hints Last paragraph is different size print.

Hope you dont mind me pointing these out, they stuck out like a sore thumb to me. You are probably 'to close to the forest to see the trees' :D

I did not watch the shows, as they were only downloading at 40kb/s and would have taken an age.

Brian

MMIM.Biz

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:30 pm

czali Tx for the Flash idea... I will look into asap!

Brian Tx So Much!! For some reason when I change the top block of one page it effects the others?? Also great catch...The hightlight should read...
"new graphics sample coming soon and are available now!

The full length shows are different from the others below...the shows below are just short bits from shows made.

And again for some reason...when I change one block it seems to be effectsing others...probably an operator error...meaning me! LOL

Brian TX so much and please have a look back in a day or so after I make those corrections! TX to all for the more than helpful input! I owe you guys!!

Postby newtcruiser » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:09 pm

Hi Greg

Just had a look at your web page, and the one thing that I noticed was on the

Sample page spelling of promted should be "prompted". Otherwise, it is looking good!!! :lol:

Linda

MMIM.Biz

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:34 pm

I hope you guys dont start charging me! LOL I am very greatful for all the help!! TX Greg

MMIM.Biz

Postby MayorG » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:42 pm

Tx NewT ...I fixed it.

Postby nannybear » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:53 pm

Other than full shows it asks me to save the .px file not sure what that is all about and will probably confuse your clients....Must be busy tonight cuz full shows were loading very jerky....try again later....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Return to Personal Web Sites