My New Site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

My New Site

Postby Jan » Wed May 30, 2007 11:44 am

hi all .... im new to this site and want to thank you all for posting, your posts help a lot. I have a new site and would like your comments on it ..... Thank you all again for the posts and taking the time to look at my site.......... Jan
www.janicevadovic.ca

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Jan

You had me going a couple of times there. First of all I thought it was Jan (nannybear), and then I looked at the location on the web site as Chatham, Kent and I thought UK. I was wrong on both counts.

Just had the briefest of looks. The shows were short and sweet enough to load very quick and give a good impression. The Special Effects seem to have no sound, pity as there is good sound with all the others.

The button for Candles and Accessories is missing an 's'.

Price indication may help.

Brian

My site

Postby Jan » Wed May 30, 2007 2:58 pm

Thank you for looking at the site and glad you told me about the s... and the music...... im going to fix it now and add music .............ty again .... sorry bout the confusion im from Ontario Canada... the snow belt county

Postby nannybear » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:05 am

Well presented and I really like some of your special effects! Good Luck Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

My new site

Postby Jan » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:34 pm

thank you nannybear for looking at my site....i want to thank all of you for the postings....... they really help . :D

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:45 pm

I just now had a moment to take a look and a couple of thoughts about the design came to mind.

1) The video file you have up in the top left corner tends to flicker or disappear if you use the scroll bar to move up and down the page. Each time I used the scroll bar the video would go in and out. I viewed the site using Firefox and IE.

2) I don't know if you really need a clock on your site. It's a little bell and whistle that really doesn't add much.

3) This is just a nit of mine, and I'll admit to being a bit obsessive about it, but I think based on the content you have on the main page, it's possible to shorten the height enough to where you don't have the scroll bar for screens set at a minimum of 1024 x 768. Eliminating the scroll bar would help with number one on my list, too. I think if you remove the clock (#2 on my list) and reduce some of the extra space around the menu and text areas you can fit everything in without having to scroll down. Again, it's just a disorder I have about scroll bars. :D

Everything else seems to be going in the right direction. Keep up the good work!

Mike

Postby czali » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:59 am

Jan,

Do not why but I could not get any of the shows to play? What type of files are they? Also, agree with Brian on the pricing. Also, on ever page you should try to have a link that takes you to a new page within the site. Works better for the user and the spiders. So when the person clicks on Weddings, Babies, Engagements you need to take them somewhere else. You want to drive them to the next think and keep them on your site. You want to drive them to either a Contact page or Order Now Page.

Colleen

My New site

Postby Jan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:02 pm

thank you all for looking at the site....im going to try the things that you have all suggested.........im still learning and might need your help with some things.......im looking for a template for a book that the pages turn. I just can't seem to get it to work ............. Jan

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:22 pm

Check out Blufftitler and "Bix's book turning" plugin partway down the right side
of the page. They have a demo - actually looks pretty good. I have not used
Blufftitler, but a number of people here as well as over in the Vegas Movie Studio
forums have and seem happy with it.

http://www.blufftitler.us/

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby swimflyfast » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:40 am

Hi,

What did you use to creat the flipping images on your home page?

It looks like you have fun at work!

Charlie. :shock:

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:48 am

Jan:

I just took another quick look and noticed something major. The 4 thumbnails you have at the top of your main page need to be resized for the space you intend to display them. It looks like you want the images to be 106 x 106, but the images themselves are 778 x 583, 775 x 584, 340 x 440, and 647 x 583 respectively. Reducing them to the 106 x 106 size you want them to be prior to uploading them to your site will provide you with better quality and speed up the loading time for those images.

I also noticed that the small video you have playing at the top lefthand side of the page is trying to play at 640 x 480. The space provided is much smaller so the video isn't viewable except for the top left corner of the video.

Just a couple of easy things to fix. Keep up the good work!

Mike

My New Site

Postby Jan » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:28 pm

Thank you Mike for looking at the site again ....... and your right i never noticed the size.........thank you for telling me...I'm working on a new main page but its comming very slow......I will post the new main page when its done... Thank you all again for your help and suggestions........... Jan

pilaar39

Newbie comments..

Postby pilaar39 » Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:47 am

jan, as a newbie, it is probably not my place to comment, but I did notice one thing in your slide shows that bugs me, as it did in my first attempts with PS Gold.

and that is that the slide transitions kick in while the slide motion effect is still in progress. While some may like this, I think it takes away from the photo.. that is, you never get to see the full photo in each slide. I found that if I made a copy of the slide after the one in which there is motion, and set the transition time between them to 0, and then the slide display time of the copy to a few seconds, the slide transtion works very well: the motion of the first slide completes, then the next slide displays steady for a few seconds, giving the viewer a chance to see the complete slide.

secondly, your slide show will only be as good as your photos. shoot at highest resolution, then use a progarm like Photoshop Elemetns to clean up the shots. Elements has lots of simple-to-use goodies, but the one I like the best is Enhance -> Adjust Lighting -> Shadows/Highlights. Many cameras just do not do a good job with high contrast scenes.. usually one part is properly exposed and the other part either over or under exposed. Example: a beach scene with bright sand and dark shadows under the trees. Such a shot can be easily fixed with this particular tool in Elements, which will lighten the dark areas but leave the light areas untouched. In your case, for example, it is obvious the flash on your camera is not strong enough for indoor shots, and only lights the foreground. Elements can easily fix this, lightening up the backgrounds, leaving the foregrounds unmodified. Elements has a tonne of other useful tools to touch-up and fix photos.. well worth the purchase.

Return to Personal Web Sites