Topeka Design

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
dnavarrojr

Topeka Design

Postby dnavarrojr » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:23 pm

My fiance' made me get a business license and do all the legal stuff for my consulting. So, I have also started working on a web site.

http://www.topekadesign.com/

Postby nannybear » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:35 pm

I like what you have so far! looks great. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Valued Member

Postby Sigrid » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:40 pm

ROFL,
can you please translate what the latest news are?
No. seriously, it promises to look good, but to go public with such an unfinished site is no advertisement for your future business.

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:20 am

Sigrid wrote:ROFL,
can you please translate what the latest news are?
No. seriously, it promises to look good, but to go public with such an unfinished site is no advertisement for your future business.

I wouldn't call asking my friends to take a look while I'm developing it a major downfall for my business. :)

It's not like I've been advertising it all over the net or in the paper. And I respect the opinions of people here, so if I'm making serious mistakes, I'd like to know "while" in development and not after.

Just one man's opinion...

--Dave

Valued Member

Postby Sigrid » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 am

:)
Well, for someone who wants to do web design for others I'd say you should have more courage.
BTW webdesign is a very loose description for what it normally means these days.
Nevertheless and that is very honest, I like what I see so far.

dnavarrojr

Postby dnavarrojr » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:42 am

Sigrid wrote::)
Well, for someone who wants to do web design for others I'd say you should have more courage.
BTW webdesign is a very loose description for what it normally means these days.
Nevertheless and that is very honest, I like what I see so far.

:D Thanks, I appreciate your honesty and candidness. Prevarication doesn't help anyone.

I have "designed" over 1000 web sites in the past 7 years (including the Cisco eLearning site and Tivo's first web access site). My ex-wife and I wrote several books on HTML/XHTML/XML and I am a former invited guest of the HTML/XHTML Working Group and former member of the XFORMs working group for the W3C. On the Cisco and Tivo sites, their graphics people did the look and I wrote all the backend database code.

That said... My forte has always been back-end programming. My ex-wife was always the graphics artist, so graphics design is not my strong suite. I always came up with great concepts and she was a wiz at implementing my concepts. I'm learning, though.

I couldn't hold a candle to most of the true artists on this site, but I have learned so much from them. And I value their (and your) opinion.

Valued Member

Nicely done...

Postby Pat » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:47 am

didn't know you lived here in T-Town.

Welcome!
Pat

Return to Personal Web Sites