Please check out my site

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Please check out my site

Postby debra roehn » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:00 pm

I started this business a couple of months ago and I've had about 6 paying jobs from word of mouth. I have been told that my prices are too cheap and for the products I turn out I should charge more. I would really appriciate some feedback from the people on this site because you guys really seem to know your stuff.

I am trying to get more samples together. I also hear people that say that they advertise on product web sites, does anyone know how to get hooked up with other web sites, like linking to wedding sites or other types of things like that.

I really have a passion for this type of stuff. Photos are such a great way to remember great memories.

Any advise would be great, thanks again.

debbie
http://www.snapshotstoremember.com

Valued Member

Postby gus607 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:21 am

Can't help you with the prices but liked your website very much.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:50 am

Debbie

The website was clear what you are able to do, and the requirements to be met by the customer. Your examples were good, to the point and showed the customer what they would get.

My only comment was a slight ambiguity in the 'music'. It does not really say if you purchase the CD on the customers behalf you will charge them for it (Quote: 'and we can purchase it at no extra cost to you'.). Feel this could be a bit clearer. Do you intend to put a 'handling charge' on doing the purchase of a CD?

Brian

mightec

Postby mightec » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:38 am

Debbie
Like others have commented the website purpose was clear enough, pricing was simple and straight forward, time will tell if it is competitive in your marketplace. What I did not like was the wording attached to the movement of the cursor, it got in the way. Also I noticed that at the samples pages I lost the index page.

Postby jeanc » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:28 am

Straightforward ---- I didn't like the cursor movement either --- too busy for me.

Smiles,
Jean

Postby marmart » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:53 am

The site is very informative. You have a lot of work into it! Like how you have the B&W photos on the pages.

While every browser is different, on mine a lot of the text you have in text boxes was outside of the borders of the text box. I also am not a big fan of the trailing cursor - sorry. I am also wondering about the use of copyrighted music on the site??? Maybe someone else has info on that??

Peace,

Mary

Postby nannybear » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:14 am

Hi there,
Sooooo get rid of that cursor thing it drives me nuts! I think you need to put a flat "set up" fee in place. Other than that you need to see what others are charging in your area. If you check out the memberlist and look at some other sites you can check your pricing. the site itself looked great!!! Nice colors, clean lines and informative. Good luck!!! and have fun! Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Tarafrost » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:20 am

I agree with Jan....that text following the cursor is abysmal. I left the site pretty quickly due to that.

Also, you posted a WMV.....might want to keep in mind that many folks don't use IE these days (Firefox anyone?), and a wmv plugin is not available "out of the box". You'ld be better off with flash or quicktime instead.

On that topic, putting a video on your front page is not very nice for those without a broadband link. I would make the video an optional click through, with a static image on the main page for just that reason.

My 2 cents worth...
....Andrzej (aka: the curmudgeon)

Tarafrost Photography: Specializing in Wild-Life
http://www.tarafrost.com

thanks

Postby debra roehn » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:23 pm

I took all of your advise.....you guys really know your stuff...

debbie

Return to Personal Web Sites