"C" the music

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

"C" the music

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:01 am

Those who subscribe to The Playground got notification a short time ago of a new video, "The Other Side of C," but just this one time, I thought I'd also post it here for the newer forum members (there are a lot!) to let them know they're welcome at my playground anytime.

Note: Click the link to The Playground where the video player is larger. You'll see things more easily than in the smaller player here.

Barbara

Last edited by BarbaraC on Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: "C" the music

Postby texbrandt » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:14 am

As always when I see one of your shows the first thing is wow, that's good, and then I start getting ideas for my own shows.

Thanks for sharing

Robert
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 am

Thanks, Robert. :D

A few days ago, I sat back to listen while composing another piece of music, and I was watching the playbar as it moved across the midi notes. I drifted a little, thinking it would be cool if the notes lit up when the bar passed over them. Quite suddenly, it was showtime. 8)

Barbara

Postby weldr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Hey Barabra, You, Al and Jeep....'Masters of Entertainment'! Don
Canon EOS 50D,PSE7,Latest Producer, new computer...don't know specs off hand but runs Producer with no problems.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:07 am

Don, I consider you no slouch in the entertainment department! I still remember your one-image psychedelic show. Time for you to listen to some more of those old LP's. :D

Barbara

Postby Bart_B » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:41 am

Hi Barbara,

You're imagination is an amazing place. I wish I had ten percent of the imagination you have. I also couldn't believe what I was seeing but if I got it right there was a little square for every note played and each square was dedicated to a single line of the music so if as example the top line of music went up or down the little squire dedicated to it went the same direction and then proportionately so in distance. Did I get it right? Even if I'm wrong, it's amazing work.

What also astounds me is I and most others see PSP as a way to basically add motion and sound to static images. You see it as a playground (pun intended) to just have a audio visual blast. What a kick.

Thanks for sharing this. Simply amazing.

Bart

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:17 am

Holy Fractals Batman !! I like it :D

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:46 am

Such kind gentleman!

Bart, it was easier than you're imagining. I did screen shots of every measure in every track of the midi sequencer. Here's just a snippet of a measure in one of the tracks:
In Photoshop, I lifted all the notes (orange rectangles), placing them on their own layer and deleting the original. Instant masks! For any one measure, there were up to 4 tracks, and so for each slide, I used up to 4 such masks. Luckily, this piece was composed with only 6 (very long) measures, and so only 6 slides were required for effect.

Setup for one slide assuming 3 sequencer masks:
Mask
...Gradient with x/y unlocked, the width narrowed down to 2 pixels
Mask
...Gradient as above
Mask
---Gradient as above
Background Mask
...Gradient

Each slide was the exact duration of the measure it represented, so starting a gradient bar on the left and panning it all the way to the right meant that each midi note would light up at just the right time.

Mikey, if bubbles grow in fractal patterns, then, by Jove, you've got it! The background masks are closeup photos of bubbles.

Barbara

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 am

Simply amazing.
The tune is no something which you could hum, sounds as if it was music from outer space. Yet it is very catchy.

The whole thing is very pleasant and presented at its most simplistic. Well done.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks, pd!

The music isn't meant to be hummed, but after working with it intensely for two days straight, it was running on and on through my head no matter where I was and what I was doing. A startling sort of music to have stuck in one's head.

Barbara

Postby Anna J » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 am

I haven't been here in a while, so missed this. Absolutely mesmerizing.
Anna

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks, Anna!

I gave a link to it on the forum for the music software I use, and I got questions about what software I'd created it in. I told them all about Producer because it's a perfect companion for doing music videos. So who knows? Maybe a few musicians will come wandering in here. They're a whole different breed and could certainly raise a few eyebrows here. :D

Barbara

Return to Personal Web Sites