My Website. GP Video Designs

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

My Website. GP Video Designs

Postby gpvideodesigns » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:53 pm

Thought I'd share my website with you guys. Click on sample videos to see some of my work.
http://www.gpvideodesigns.com

Valued Member

Re: My Website. GP Video Designs

Postby jskintauy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:04 am

Hi GP

I watched the introductory video and liked the nice variety. The page turning affect with navigation is a nice touch. I also looked at the photo retouching page. It looks like you did a great job of retouching and then putting the restored picture on a nice background, but the pictures are a little too small. You might want to allow clicking on them to see a larger image.

Nice overall,

Jim
Jim S

Postby texbrandt » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:23 pm

Over all look of the page is good, and it seems easy to navigate. I would prefer the youtube insert to be a bit larger or the full screen to be HD with my old eyes.

The music for the vacation video was lovely except that it is a version of Somewhere over the rainbow done by israel kamakawiwo'ole, I wouldn't use it even on a personal page and on a website where you are selling your services not a good idea. Same thing with the Disney vacation example that sounds like what I have heard on Disney related stuff.

Hope you do well on your venture

Robert
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby gpvideodesigns » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Hi
Thanks for your comments. The reason I used that song on the Hawaii video is just because I love the song, so it was a personal choice. Same thing with the Disney video. I wanted it to be what I liked and I thought it worked well with the photos. I guess no matter what song you use in these, you run the copyright risk. I fugured if utube allowed me to use it and didnt kick it out, it would be ok. Don't know how to put the utube in HD. I was trying to fit alot of videos on one page is the reason for the size but You're right, I should spread them out on more pages to get them larger. I see that now. I thought because you could expand them that would be enough. Thanks for that tip. Thanks also for the tip on making the retouching photos larger. I'll do that.
Thanks so much for your tips I'll make some changes now. I tried to post some of my videos on the place in here for that but it says you can't post anymore there.
Thank You,

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:04 am

gpvideodesigns wrote:I tried to post some of my videos on the place in here for that but it says you can't post anymore there.

Please read the following link, you have to ask permission to post on the 'Sample Shows' section from Mike.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13687
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby texbrandt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:22 pm

gpvideodesigns wrote:Hi
Thanks for your comments. The reason I used that song on the Hawaii video is just because I love the song, so it was a personal choice. Same thing with the Disney video. I wanted it to be what I liked and I thought it worked well with the photos. I guess no matter what song you use in these, you run the copyright risk. I fugured if utube allowed me to use it and didnt kick it out, it would be ok.

I don't mean to belabor the point, but the bottom line with using these songs is that you are in violation of copyright whether youtube allows it or not. I don't know how vigorously Israel K.'s estate pursues such things, but you can be sure that Disney if they become aware of it will drop the hammer on you. Just because you can doesn't mean it is prudent to do so, or ethically acceptable.

When you buy a CD or pay for a download from the net all you are buying is the right to listen to that music, you don't otherwise own it in any way shape or form. It is not likely that if you use the music for a slide show or video that your family will see, that you will get in trouble. If one of your family really likes the show and uploads it to youtube or anything else on the internet then you are in violation of copyright.

It really comes down to a pretty simple test- Say you are driving down a country road and you spot a fruit and vegetable stand. When you stop you see all the fruits and vegetables with prices marked on everything and a sign pointing to a coffee can that says get what you want and pay here. Would you gather up a sack full and drive off without paying? After all no one is watching. If you say absolutely not, that would be stealing whether any one watches or not. Different scenario, you are in a busy department store looking for batteries for your mp3 player. You noticed on the way in that they had no security devices and no one is looking your way. Would you slip the batteries in your bag and head on out, after all this is a big company they don't need the money. If again you answered absolutely not then you have answered the copyright question. If stealing is wrong with tangible property it is wrong with intellectual property.

Essentially when you buy a book, song, movie or software you are not buying what is written, you are buying a license for certain defined uses of the intellectual property. The ownership of the intellectual property is not transferred to you.

There is a good deal of free music out there that is royalty free, and even more that you can purchase that is royalty free.

This is not meant to be picking you or anyone else, but I feel it is too important to not say anything.

Robert
"Seeking questions for life's persistent answers."
http://texbrandt.com/blog

Postby gpvideodesigns » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:19 am

Thanks so much Robert. I'm just learning about this now so I'm glad You keyed me in. Do You have any idea where I can find any royalty free musc? I totally get what You are saying and being a newbie with all this, there is alot I have to learn about it. I really appreciate your help. I guess I'll have to take these off of my website. Sad that I have to redo all of my videos when I find out what music is royalty fee and which aren't. I'll be researng that but thank You so much for letting me know.

Esteemed Member

Postby WBD » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 am

GP,
I believe you need to check into the allowed usage of some of your slides and graphics you have purchased from other sources, they may have restrictions on how they may be used.
Bruce

Return to Personal Web Sites