NEW WEBSITE, anyone heard of citymax.com before?

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
shays55

NEW WEBSITE, anyone heard of citymax.com before?

Postby shays55 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:44 pm

Hello!
I am trying a 10 day free trial on citymax.com for my website.
It is so simple to set up, and cheap, but I can't copy and paste that photodex
code so that it works. You know so a link will go straight to play my show
without all of photodex's info.
Is it even possible on this kind of prefabricated site or am I doing something wrong?

THANKS
Stacie

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Try cutting and pasting the following code into the web page you want to display your show with.

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.photodex.com/presenter.js"></script>
<script>PhotodexObject("ProShow","objectname","http://www.photodex.com/shows/79277_20060930145003.px",580,435); PresenterControls("objectname",580);</script>

You may have to paste it into Word Pad first and then cut and paste from there into your html code. Sometimes if you don't the formatting can get a bit screwy.

Mike

shays55

Postby shays55 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:56 am

mgregg99 wrote:Try cutting and pasting the following code into the web page you want to display your show with.

<script language="javascript" src="http://www.photodex.com/presenter.js"></script>
<script>PhotodexObject("ProShow","objectname","http://www.photodex.com/shows/79277_20060930145003.px",580,435); PresenterControls("objectname",580);</script>

You may have to paste it into Word Pad first and then cut and paste from there into your html code. Sometimes if you don't the formatting can get a bit screwy.

Mike

Mike,
Thank you for your help but I still can't seem to make it work. This may be a little over my head so i have some dumb questions for you, if you don't mind.
When I open view source on my site, do I open it on the actual page or in my Edit Page when it is opened?
Then, dumb question #2, where exactly do I put it? There is a lot of foreign stuff in there! debugging ? I don't get it.
DQ#3, Will a hyperlink for visitors to access the show automatically appear or do I do something else?

Thanks for your help,
I LOVE THIS SITE BY THE WAY!
Stacie

shays55

Postby shays55 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:11 am

NEVERMIND!!!!
I GOT IT I GOT IT!!
THANK YOOOOOOU!!!!
Staciejavascript:emoticon(':D')
Very Happy

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:24 am

Glad you got it working!

Mike

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:51 pm

Hi Stacie-

I had a site with citymax for two years - true, it is very easy to use and I was able to create a site that I loved. BUT... I would caution you that I had a terrible time with optimization - no one seemed to be seeing my site - I did all the right things - over a hundred quality relavent links, submitted to search engines, good keywords, etc.... still no one there. I was finally told by a webisite optimization expert that the citymax.com prefix was killing me with the search engines... I have since gotten a new webhost and things are looking up - I have only had it for a few weeks, so I can't be sure, but my ranking is already much better than it was. I am no expert, but PLEASE do some more research before committing to them.

Good Luck

shays55

Postby shays55 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm

Cindy wrote:Hi Stacie-

I had a site with citymax for two years - true, it is very easy to use and I was able to create a site that I loved. BUT... I would caution you that I had a terrible time with optimization - no one seemed to be seeing my site - I did all the right things - over a hundred quality relavent links, submitted to search engines, good keywords, etc.... still no one there. I was finally told by a webisite optimization expert that the citymax.com prefix was killing me with the search engines... I have since gotten a new webhost and things are looking up - I have only had it for a few weeks, so I can't be sure, but my ranking is already much better than it was. I am no expert, but PLEASE do some more research before committing to them.

Good Luck

Hi Cindy,
Thanks so much for the input. I have seen your site it looks great!
I think I can change my prefix to www.yourlivingpictures.com. I bought that name last year
and hope it works. I am still putting it all together, I guess it depends on how far I intend to
go with this.
Thanks again!
Stacie

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:55 pm

You are welcome Stacie- The site I have now is new and still in progress. True, you can change the prefix to your own domain name and it will direct you to your citmax site, but the suffix citymax.com will be there. I loved the ease of citymax and I really loved the way it turned out, but was very disappointed in the result - I didn't think I needed it to go far at first, but soon decided that it wasn't worth doing if it wouldn't be seen by anyone. Best wishes to you and good luck.

Alkaye

THE code

Postby Alkaye » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:01 pm

Hi..Ilike thew fact that the website has the clip, but not buttons ..how were you able to change the code so that the presenter controls are not showing?

sumgrl19

Postby sumgrl19 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Stacy,

Not too sure how old this post is, or if you have commited to the web host...but I just wanted to throw it out there that my web host is pretty cheap too and they help with lots of stuff.

Here is there website:
http://www.tudux.net

Just thought you might want another option.

-Jessica

Postby bbtracker » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:25 pm

You may want to consider this company as well.

http://1and1.com

They offer gigabytes of space not megabytes in addition to being much lower in cost. And lots of packages. Check it out.
I am very happy with their service and support.

Conrado
My Websites:
-----------------------
www.caunan.com
www.philcanam.com
www.definingmoments.us
-----------------------------

Return to Personal Web Sites