Examples from a newbie/beginner.

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
vonbeck

Examples from a newbie/beginner.

Postby vonbeck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:21 am

http://www.youtube.com/user/ClassicRock ... a64-j7dNNg

Hi, my name's Mark Thompson from Seattle. I hope it's ok to add a simple site like one of my YouTube pages. Basically, I'm no pro at any of this but love making slide-shows. I'm still very new to PSG/PSP but would love it if anyone would like to take a look at my creations I've made so far. Until finding Gold and Producer a couple weeks ago I'd only used Windows' Movie Maker which is a fine little program but very limited. If anyone actually checks out my stuff please look at the "Epica" one first which is 5 or 6 vids down on the right hand side of the page. I'd love any feedback positive or negative (be nice) :-).

P.S. Some of these I've made with Gold, some with Producer. With the Epica one I can't remember which.

Sincerely...

Mark T

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Examples from a newbie/beginner.

Postby stickgirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:10 am

The show I just watched did not appear to come from a newbie. The pictures and the music are not something I would normally look at or listen to. The show grabbed my attention early on and I ended up watching the entire thing. I liked how a slide rolled up and the next one appeared. Was that something you purchased?

Btw, the link you provided is for the Epica show.

Fantastic job!

Kathy

vonbeck

Postby vonbeck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 am

stickgirl wrote:The show I just watched did not appear to come from a newbie. The pictures and the music are not something I would normally look at or listen to. The show grabbed my attention early on and I ended up watching the entire thing. I liked how a slide rolled up and the next one appeared. Was that something you purchased?

Btw, the link you provided is for the Epica show.

Fantastic job!

Kathy

Thanks so much for the nice words Kathy :D Yes, I'd forgotten that the "Epica" vid was also my "featured" vid on my YouTube homepage. And yes again, the music is very dark but I wanted a song that would fit the "feel" of these particular fantasy art pics. As far as your "rolled up" question, that transition (if it's what you're referring to) is called "Facet Push" L, R, Up, Down etc. It came with my PSG and isn't in my PSP *I think*... so, I must have made this one with PSG. Again, I've been playing with both programs. Your 'not a newbie" statement makes me feel good although I am. I have though a couple years ago, made a bunch of these types of music vids with "Movie Maker" so I'm familiar with time-lines, transitions and effects etc. By "Newbie", I meant that I can see that PSG & PSP have so much advanced options that I've not even touched upon or know how to use yet. Being a musician and music lover 1 thing I love to do (As U could see with the Epica example) is to *try* and make the transitions & effects correspond/sync with the beats and changes in the song(s). I had a lotta fun on this one adjusting and re-adjusting things listening, and watching the spikes on the soundtrack graph.

Thanx again 4 your feedback.

MT

vonbeck

Postby vonbeck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:20 am

Just a quick 1 Kathy, the other transition that was predominantly used in "Epica" was just "Scroll" R or L. This may be the 1 you were referring to. I *believe* it's in both PSG & PSP.

Mark

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby stickgirl » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Thanks for the info Mark. I upgraded to the most current version of Producer last summer and haven't opened it since then. :oops: I suppose I'll get around to it one day.

For now I'll enjoy the shows others put together.

Kathy

Return to Personal Web Sites