Switch to full style
Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Post a reply

The Unpicky Color Picker

Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:15 am

Ever notice how the eyedropper in the color picker doesn't pick off the precise color? Maybe the color is lighter or darker or its saturation is different. This is particularly annoying when using two or more colors in captions where those colors have to be spot on. ProShowThink has a solution to The Unpicky Color Picker.

Barbara

Re: The Unpicky Color Picker

Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:41 am

What eyedropper?

Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:59 am

Vivian, add a color solid and choose to edit its color. You'll see a little eyedropper in there that you can click, then use to pick up any color anywhere on your screen, whether it's in an image on the preview screen or even the color in an icon.

Barbara

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:28 am

I have not run into this problem before but it is good to know about it and its workaround.
I normally select my colour setting for the show and make a note of the RGB numbers.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:38 am

Pd, it's prevalent when working with fonts because of the very limited area in which to pick color and because they tend to be ever so slightly shaded.

Barbara

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:42 am

Perfect Timing Barbara...THANK YOU :!:
I've been working on a show and colorizing ribbon & text and ran into this very problem of the color not matching precisely. I have had to go in and enter the hex #'s for each slide...very time consuming when you're working on colorizing an entire show :roll: I am definitely going to try this technique and I thank you for sharing :D
8) TC

Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:53 am

TC, go for it! When you're doing what you're involved in or what I was doing a few days ago where every other text line was one color or the other, you risk losing your sanity. Just before I went insane, I figured out the shortcut. It was touch and go with that sanity.

Barbara

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:14 pm

I did a little test by making a sample in Corel and seeing if it would match perfectly without using the hex#2 and it was perfect. I have to agree, that it is more likley because the source is a blended or graduated image instead of a solid color.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Vivian, try to pick up the color of, say, someone's shirt in a photo. Watch the sample as you move the cursor over the shirt to see just how many different colors are actually in that shirt. Of course, a font isn't a shirt, but it sure seems like it is at times. :D

Barbara
Post a reply