Story of a photo

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Story of a photo

Postby ChrissyC » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 am

Hi...along with my love of making slideshows I love making Digital Scrapbooks...I have a lot of old Vintage pictures I have bought and collected on the net..I decided to do some fantasy pages and give these gorgeous photos a new life and proudly display them. Our own Iris sent me a wonderful old photo she had..this mystery girl was found in a shoebox, Iris rescued her and when she saw my little Blog she sent her to me and asked me to make her a page, I agreed as long as she gave her girl a name and a story and OMG did she ever!!! I was just facinated with Iris's story. If you would like to see the photo and read the little story Iris wrote, you can go to my Blog....it really is a very good story....
here is my Blog....
http://vintagechrissy.blogspot.com
And...one of my Vintage Layout's won Layout of the week on Heritage.com where I place my layouts...:)
http://www.heritagescrap.com/Forum/view ... =94&t=1041
Chrissy
Last edited by ChrissyC on Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Story of a photo

Postby psychogramma » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:27 am

Nicely done, both of you.
Chrissy, your pages are beautiful. *Makes note to self that she has NO extra time right now.
Iris weaves a wonderful tale.

Cathy

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:44 am

Chrissy, Iris's story drew me right in, but I just knew it would, imaginative lady that she is.

I also spent time looking through your various designs, which are all quite beautiful, the one most catching my eye being "Miss Lillith Chatfield." You created a gorgeous layout with that one!

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:30 am

Hi Cathy, thank you for taking a peek...

Hi Barbara, wasn't Iris's story wonderful! Well she lives in England! how can you not fail in a story when you live in England with so much history! Thank you for the compliment on the layout...I am totatly hooked in these Vintage photos... :D
thank you for taking a look....
huggs, Chrissy

Postby SandyB » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:39 am

Chrissy -
Truly amazing! :!: Your scrapbooking talents are above and beyond! That's a whole different world
where you are obviously excelling! Wonderful story by Iris and page layout by you.
Winning page of the week at Heritage.com - very cool! :!:
You go girl!
Sandy
:lol:
Connecting Who You Are With What You Love To Do

Postby tdew » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:57 am

Chrissy, I understand that the story Iris wrote about the unknown woman was fiction, but I'm not quite sure if you actually know the things you've posted about some of the pictures or are you making up stories for all of them?

Postby ChrissyC » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:18 pm

Hi tdew...nope, these are just fantasy pages out of my head, I like to make the name match the face and I like to give them a background to......it's all made up... :D
Chrissy

Postby HunnyB » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Well, I now crown you "Miss Scrapbooking Queen 2010" :lol: :lol:

Thanks for sharing. You are very talented and special.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Return to Personal Web Sites