Masking for Beginners

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Re: Masking for Beginners

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Much, much better! Of course, you already know how I am with alpha masks. I don't get along with them unless forced to. Get yourself a good night's sleep tonight. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby divergal » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:27 am

I was trying to do this tutorial but it won't let me put a checkmark beside masking layer in layer setting. What am I doing wrong?

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:56 am

I can't imagine why it's not letting you mark a layer as a mask, but try this: Highlight the layer that you want inside the mask and in the bar to the left of the layers listing, click the arrow that points to the right. This should turn the layer just above it into a mask.

The only reason I can think of for not being able to place a checkmark in the box for a layer you want to turn into a mask is that there's no layer beneath for to mask.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Previous

Return to Personal Web Sites