Sidetracked

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Sidetracked

Postby bellzerr » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:16 am

A funny thing happened on my way to developing a ProShow business... I got a little sidetracked. While searching for a lock-out buzzer system (College Quiz Bowl type deal) for my Bible study group of middle school boys, I came across game show computer software that interfaces with buzzer hardware. Perfect. But the buzzer system costs were through the roof. :shock: Consequently, I engineered my own and discovered a niche market for low-priced systems. The only thing missing from my new site is a ProShow to fully promote the system - soon to come. :D
Forgive the sidetracked topic, but I just thought I'd share the "squeeze page" style web site with my friends here for comment. (I wonder if the French Riviera wedding clients would respond to a pitch like this site?) :wink:
Thanks all,
Mark
http://www.affordablebuzzers.com

Re: Sidetracked

Postby Astra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:23 pm

Mark,
interesting ...

Nice Website, too. :)

Alexandra

Postby gpsmikey » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:36 pm

Very interesting -- I wonder if their microprocessor in there can handle a tie ?? (I ran into that issue in a microprocessor based timer I built for the cub scouts derby cars - reading to 1/1000 second ( 4 lanes ), I didn't expect to have ties -- had two - had to modify the software to indicate a tie instead of winning order). I like your web site - informative and clean - easy to read.

Funny what you find when you get "sidetracked" sometimes - I was looking for "flapper disks" for my grinder and in the process of snooping the web came across a site with the complete maintenance information for a WWII submarine including exploded views of the engines etc (but it did have a "flapper disk" in the exhaust line :D ). Spent several hours reading through all that.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:36 am

What, in the name of all that's holy, is a buzzer system?! I read through everything and still couldn't figure out what it is and why anyone would want it. :(

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby bellzerr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:44 am

:D :D
You know, like the college bowl quizzes or Jeopardy style games where players have to be first to "buzz-in" before attempting to answer for points. Good fun! :D
It supplements computer software like this: http://www.gameshowpresenter.com
Mark

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:55 am

I'm freshly back from playing the little quiz game on that site. Yes, the sound effects very definitely increase the pleasure!

Barbara

Postby bellzerr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 am

Barbara,
Now then, don't you want the power of that buzzer in your hot little hand?!
Wait, there's more! :P :P
Mark

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:07 am

Gimme a Budweiser in one hand and a buzzer in the other and I'm ready to go !! :lol: :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:25 am

For a short time only, we'll send you two, yes TWO, buzzers for the price of one!

Barbara

Postby Ron » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Bellzerr
Very Interesting!
I do have a question for you though. My wife invented a game a short while back that our family plays kinda regularly, parties, holidays etc...unfortunately to buzz in everyone one has some type of noise maker, this inevitably leads to a slew of friendly fun quarrels like who said who was first to buzzed in. To me that is a big part of the fun in playing the game, but not very professional (used loosely)
Anyway can your system be of any use to us. The game isn't played on a computer but the computer is nearby. Does it work without gaming software.
Ron
PS: Remember "laugh in" artie with his german helmet would say "verrrrrrry intersting!" ......sorry had a senior flashback - what a great show it was so ...."Sock it to me Baby"
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby bellzerr » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:46 am

Mine works strictly with software. It has no lights or lock-out feature of it's own. But if you use Game Show Presenter, you can create multiple choice quizzes and Jeopardy category boards with fun facts about your family, etc. YELL out to buzz in as you're doing now, then press the player number on your keyboard. Computer gives music, sounds, flip comments and keeps score.

BUZZ... no sale for me here, but you'll enjoy Game Show Presenter - it's a hoot.
Mark

Return to Personal Web Sites