creative Exposure

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.
Creativeexposure

creative Exposure

Postby Creativeexposure » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 am

Hi,
I am new to the boards here. I am a wedding photographer based in London UK, I am using PSP and am learning quite quickly.
These boards have been an invaluable source of information to me. So I just thought I would pop in and say hi.
Here is my website
http://www.creative-exposure.co.uk

Terri
xxx

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: creative Exposure

Postby VernonRobinson » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:41 am

Terri,
Good looking site. It did take a bit for the header to load. I am guessing that it must be flash based. I am not sure how many people would bail out before they could see it.

Personal Nitpicks:

I also noticed that the gallery software draws the frame each time. It is very slow and deliberate. I am not sure if this is not related to the same "flash comment" from above.

Finally, as a potential customer, I would be more inclined to want to see a slimmed down, but a more complete review of a wedding rather than a bunch of shots from each. All of the featured shots are good, but it would be interesting to see a complete package.

Regards,
-Vernon

Postby AMD » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:07 am

Terri,

Loved your site--nice, clean, and sophisticated! It loaded like a charm and all images came up immediately for me. Frankly, I liked the shots from the different weddings. A short dynamic slide show would really add to your site, I would think.

Ann

Postby debngar » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:56 am

Hi Terri,

The site looks good - loaded instantly for me. Is it a wordpress blogsite?
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Terri,
As I mentioned before, great looking site, but after others reported no problems with load speed of the site, I went back to re-evaluate. I generally have no problems with download or upload speeds. If nothing else, the performance of the site was significantly different from my normal experience that it was noticed. In any event, here is the latest result of my most recent trial. It might only be my experience, but I am not a general believer of special causes.
Regards,
-Vernon

Postby silverfox » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:42 pm

I have the same problem ... cannot open site
I tried Internet Explorer and Firework, both timed out.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Hi,
I also couldn't open it... :cry:
I'm curious. Welcome to the group.
Cristina
Cristina

Postby bellzerr » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I visited earlier, but it's timing out for me now as well.
Mark

Creativeexposure

Postby Creativeexposure » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 am

Hi,
It strange that it is timing out for a few people, i have no problems logging onto it, here and at other peoples computers also.
The site was designed for me by a web designer, then due to reasons beyond his control, the firm he worked for went bust. I managed to retrieve my site and it is now being maintained by a local web designer. I will be having words with him to see about the upload speed.
I welcome all comments on the site, I personally love it!, there are a few changes to be made, when the finances allow me to, I will be getting different galleries and will be putting the links to the other sites on there also. It is a work in progress!

Terri
xxx

lahazard

Postby lahazard » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:28 pm

Hello Terri,

I just visited your site and it loaded fine for me. (And I am using a satellite connection - Wild-blue - which is notoriously slow and cumbersome at times.) But there are times when I have trouble accessing .uk sites. (And this is true whether i am at home with WIldblue, or at work with Clearwire.)

I wanted to add that being able to view a short slide presentation, as others have mentioned, would be an attractive addition. If I was in the market for your services I would want to see such a sample. Perhaps more than one.

Louis
Southwest Virgina
US

Postby silverfox » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:28 pm

It is working ... looking good

Postby Barkingmad » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Very nice site! I am one who often has problems loading things, being on relatively slow adsl connection, and the site loaded instantly for me, as did the photo's.
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:57 am

Either I'm in luck or whatever might have been wrong with the site has been fixed because it loaded instantly for me. The site has a nicely quiet sophistication that's such a relief from all the glitz we see so often these days. And the photography is lovely.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby VernonRobinson » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Terri,
The site is loading much quicker today. Maybe it was Internet weather before. I continue to say the site looks great.

-Vernon

Return to Personal Web Sites