Updated my website

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Updated my website

Postby NightshadeDesigns » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Hi. Just looking for some feedback on my website.

http://www.nightshadedesigns.com

I'm using youtube now to stream my shows which makes less memory being used on my hard drive. They also seem to run better this way and I don't mind the youtube logo.

Re: Updated my website

Postby texan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:33 am

Very well done.......organized, easy to navigate, and you temp me to use You Tube!!

It appears that you have covered all the areas clients might request.......

Endorsements will be a plus
Texan

Esteemed Member

Postby Patricia_C » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:52 am

Really nice website. Very complete and easy to use. Great job. Did you develop it yourself or have someone do it for you?
Patty Cantu
Digital Heirloom Studios
http://digitalheirloomstudios.com/

Postby trulytango » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:11 am

Hi there

Nicely laid out site... everything responds quickly etc., but I found the white text/font on the black background quite hard for me to read.

Regards
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:39 am

Very fast loading and logical. Everything is good except for what Iris noted: the white lettering on a black background. Perhaps if you resized the text a bit larger it would be easier on the eyes.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby texan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:13 am

Barbara:

Maybe it's me, buy your "links" above are working??
Texan

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:29 am

They sure aren't, and I know why. Off I go to fix them. Thank you!

Barbara

Postby NightshadeDesigns » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:19 pm

I've been considering using black on white instead but keeping the logo part white on black. I think it looks classy that way. Thanks for the input about having a tough time reading the text.

I created the site myself using Web Easy 7. It is a super easy program to use!!!

Postby AMD » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi,

I liked your site. I do have one question. How are you getting your links to YouTube to show only your show and no other shows or "junk" from YouTube. Yours really looks nice. I have just put up a blog and am linking to YouTube but my viewers will see thumbnails of other shows, etc.

Thanks,
Ann

Postby trulytango » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Hi Ann

You can create, customise and link directly into your own channel on Youtube. Log into Youtube, click Account>My Account>My Channel to get to the options etc. I redid mine the other day and have only one video uploaded, but here's a link so you can see what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/trulytango

To embed the direct link into your blog, you'll need to copy the URL for the video itself... and you'll find that under Account>My Videos (look for a small text link under 'embed'). I have added a scrapbook page to my own blog/site and have a sample available for viewing there - no additional, distracting clutter from Youtube.

TTFN
Iris
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby climax » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 am

Hi !
Your website is indeed very good and easy to navigate. Well done!
But I think you should write something about the song(s) used in the slideshow already under the link SERVICES, and not only under the link ORDER. I tell you this because if I would be interested in your services, my first thoughts would be:
* can I select the song?
* how many songs can I use?
* can I use the so called "ilegal" songs ?
I believe that if you mention something about it in the services description, you would keep the attention of more clients.
Another comment I have is about the baby sample slideshow. Right in the first slide you have the word MEMORIES misspelled (MOMORIES).
I agree that the text is kind of unconfortable to read. But I don't think the problem is the white in black text. I think the problem is the spacing between lines. The lines are too close to each other.
Anyway, you have a great website !
I wish you lots of clients and success in your business
Cristina
Cristina

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:28 am

AMD wrote:I have just put up a blog and am linking to YouTube but my viewers will see thumbnails of other shows, etc.

Ann, are you able to edit the link in your blog? If so, add &rel=0 (that's a zero) to the end of it. This information is thanks to Mike Gregg, by the way. I couldn't figure it out on my own!

Barbara

Postby AMD » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:58 pm

Thanks, Iris and Barbara,

Iris, I have been rather following your lead regarding your way to the nice blog you have. I am trying to get my "legs" so far as working with one. I experimented for a couple of weeks with SmugMug and Phanfare and now have decided to try the free blog at WordPress for a while and see what I can do with it. If it works well for me and I feel more comfortable with everything, I may find a host. I did "spring" for a domain name and have had fun today doing a bunch of embedding. It surely works better than just placing the basic link from YouTube as I was doing--looks a lot nicer and less cluttered.

Barbara, thanks for the info about the bit of code to get rid of the thumbnails; it worked like a charm!

Again, thanks. I can always depend that I will get some help when I ask here on the forum.

Ann

Postby trulytango » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 pm

Hi Ann

I've had that blog since March, and I find it quite easy to create, organise and generally keep things looking how I want... and I keep discovering more and more features of the 'Dashboard' that I never knew existed :lol:

Wishing you much success with your own.
Iris :D

Postby NightshadeDesigns » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:02 pm

Ann- Instead of linking to youtube, try embedding from youtube. There is an option on youtube in the information of each video.

Christina- Thanks for the input on the mispelling. Haven't noticed that one before. (obviously) Also thank you for the advice to add more information about the songs.

I have increased the text size on the website to hopefully make it easier to read. I only couldn't do this on the order page yet. I think it helps. I tried doing black on white instead but it looked too lost and plain to me.

Always a work in progress!
Thanks for everyone's input!

Next

Return to Personal Web Sites